Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Ray-Tracing To Become Much Faster With New Driver Code

Phoronix: RADV Ray-Tracing To Become Much Faster With New Driver Code

The Mesa Radeon Vulkan "RADV" driver ray-tracing support is about to become much faster with a pending improvement that is currently undergoing review...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is also worth mentioning.
    radv: Fragment shader interlock implementation (!22250) · Merge requests · Mesa / mesa · GitLab

Comment

The only word I find say is: Neat.
      It is inevitable that I will benefit from this code (if it gets merged).

Comment

Phenomenal news. RT is the only thing that I can't really utilize with my 6700 XT so here's to hoping that a 6800 getting 3x performance in some games translates into making RT somewhat usable for me.
        Last edited by skeevy420; 13 August 2023, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks Friedrich Vock, Konstantin Seurer and Mesa team for your incredible work!
          Last edited by paulocoghi; 13 August 2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

So with valve and now potentially google (with their chrome os which will use wayland) we can see even more improvements to graphic stack? I believe google and valve will need to push HDR they will need it. And then linux will just need one proper DE and it will be finally year of linux?

Comment

Originally posted by pharmasolin View Post
              And then linux will just need one proper DE...
              you're a funny person you are!

Comment

Originally posted by pharmasolin View Post
                And then linux will just need one proper DE
                We've already got KDE

Comment

"When paired with the monolithic pipeline MR it completely blows amdvlk out of water."

I like this...

Comment

How are people able to comprehend the code that makes our GPUs do the things they do. It's all seems so magical. How do they even come up with it?

Comment

Working...
                    X