Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RADV Driver's Emulated Ray-Tracing Achieves 100% Pass Rate

Phoronix: Radeon RADV Driver's Emulated Ray-Tracing Achieves 100% Pass Rate

Mesa's Radeon Vulkan driver "RADV" supports native hardware ray-tracing with RDNA2 and RDNA3 graphics cards where it's matured quite nicely over the past number of months. With the upcoming Mesa 23.2, RADV RT support is enabled by default for all supported GPUs. RADV also has emulated ray-tracing support for older generations of AMD GPUs and as of today it's finally hit a 100% pass rate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would be amazing if this somehow worked on the "Terakan" Vulkan driver for the older Radeon HD 6000 GPU's. Probably not since it's not using RADV.

Comment

RT for my 5700 XT? For everything? Yes please. I don't care it's slow. I know it's slow. I want to test it and have it available.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryio View Post
        RT for my 5700 XT? For everything? Yes please. I don't care it's slow. I know it's slow. I want to test it and have it available.
        You already can, you just have to set the appropriate env variables.

RADV_PERFTEST=emulate_rt
        VKD3D_CONFIG=dxr

Comment

Does anybody know how this is implemented/how tightly coupled this is with radav? I'm just wondering if this code could be used as a generic fallback for other drivers as well.

Comment

That's cool, thanks to everyone who is involved in the open source efforts!

I tried CP2077 path tracing the other day on Linux and a 7900XTX. It did render and didn't crash and looked fantastic. It was a slideshow, just like expected though. But I'm excited for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              Would be amazing if this somehow worked on the "Terakan" Vulkan driver for the older Radeon HD 6000 GPU's. Probably not since it's not using RADV.
              Or maybe get yourself a new card instead of moaning that people do not spend hundreds of hours working on drivers for hardware nobody care about anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                Or maybe get yourself a new card instead of moaning that people do not spend hundreds of hours working on drivers for hardware nobody care about anymore.
                Or you get a more "loyal" customer despite what the common denominator thinks while getting support for functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                  Even if someone would implement it for HD 6000 GPU's, I don't see the point of experiencing 0.5 fps slideshow..

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

Even if someone would implement it for HD 6000 GPU's, I don't see the point of experiencing 0.5 fps slideshow..
                    Maybe for having a fantastic slideshow?

Comment

Working...
                    X