Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa RADV Driver Re-Enables Ray-Tracing Pipelines For AMD VanGogh APUs / Steam Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa RADV Driver Re-Enables Ray-Tracing Pipelines For AMD VanGogh APUs / Steam Deck

Phoronix: Mesa RADV Driver Re-Enables Ray-Tracing Pipelines For AMD VanGogh APUs / Steam Deck

Last month The RADV ray-tracing pipelines support was enabled by default but then later disabled for VanGogh APUs, notably the Steam Deck. Now though with the latest ray-tracing code in Mesa 23.2-devel the RADV driver is no longer blocking the support for VanGogh...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Clarify?

"RADV ray-tracing pipelines were enabled due to"

I think as this is talking about the original disabling...it should be "disabled"?

Comment

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
      Michael

Clarify?

"RADV ray-tracing pipelines were enabled due to"

I think as this is talking about the original disabling...it should be "disabled"?
      Yep meant disabled, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Very nice!
        I've tried Doom Eternal on my Deck and although the framerate is a lot lower, the RT reflections look really awesome.
        I hope the devs will be able to squeeze out as much as possible on the RT side of things.

Comment

We are still investigating the issue, but since it doesn't seem to affect production decks, we went ahead and expose it to users ahead of Mesa 23.2!

Happy testing
          Last edited by MuPuF; 09 July 2023, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X