Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VK_MESA_video_decode_av1: Early Vulkan AV1 Decoding For Open-Source Radeon Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I'm not sure ACO is involved. Does it rely on shaders? I thought video might be a different case from graphics.

Plus I think in some longer term, ACO will be hooked up for radeonsi too.

But in general - yeah. If llvm can be avoided, it's better for more timely bug fixes potentially.
    Hmmm, good question. I use shaders with mpv, but maybe it has nothing to do with hw dec.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Hmmm, good question. I use shaders with mpv, but maybe it has nothing to do with hw dec.
      mpv uses shaders for some filters / scaling and etc. It's unrelated to usage of VAAPI.

That's why there are two parameters, one for hwdec=vaapi and one for vo=gpu + gpu-api=opengl / vulkan.

Comment

Speaking of mpv - Debian finally packaged shaderc. I'll try building mpv with Vulkan support now until Debian will catch up and update the mpv package.

Comment

mpv uses shaders for some filters / scaling and etc. It's unrelated to usage of VAAPI.

That's why there are two parameters, one for hwdec=vaapi and one for vo=gpu + gpu-api=opengl / vulkan.
          Thank you!

Comment

Speaking of mpv - Debian finally packaged shaderc. I'll try building mpv with Vulkan support now until Debian will catch up and update the mpv package.
            Thanks for reminding on the bug report: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=924862

Comment

No dice. Packaged shaderc isn't compatible with mpv now due to missing symbols and glslc. I guess Debian developers need to untangle that mess.

Code:
              libshaderc.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZTVN8spvtools5utils5TimerE
              Last edited by shmerl; 20 January 2023, 05:38 AM.

Comment

No dice. Packaged shaderc isn't compatible with mpv now due to missing symbols and glslc. I guess Debian developers need to untangle that mess.

Code:
                libshaderc.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZTVN8spvtools5utils5TimerE
                Similar issue was reported on Arch years ago: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/63720

Comment

Working...
                X