Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boerkel
    replied
    Wow glxgears works for me. I get "1254 frames in 5.0 seconds = 249.975 FPS" and everything looks normal. Only the cpu usage is very high, but i think that's normal right now.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest ati and drm versions on a Mobility Radeon 2600.

Leave a comment:

• cooperyuan
    replied
    Could you tell me which application cause this problem?

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Vighy View Post
    nice to know a cleanup breaks something: it's exactly the same when at home, cleaning you break something by accident sweet old real life
    I wouldn't equate these changes with cleanup. They're more like adding a new section to the house (some walls may get knocked down in the process).

Leave a comment:

• legume
    replied
    Originally posted by legume View Post
    it segfaults every time at 30 seconds and there is so much debugging output that I have to redirect stderr to /dev/null
    A bit more info on the segfault - redirecting to a file (which is 200k lines after 30 secs) ends with -

**********WARN_ONCE******************
    File r600_mem.c function r600MemAlloc line 274
    Ran out of GART memory (for 1048576)!

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Cool, I'm glad someone got it working.

It did run better a few weeks ago before texture support was added; I suspect something got broken either then or during the subsequent cleanup before release. We'll figure it out next week...
    nice to know a cleanup breaks something: it's exactly the same when at home, cleaning you break something by accident sweet old real life

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Heh, looks like the shadows on the gears were calculated horribly wrong in all three gears. (Kinda interesting that it seems some stuff in the red gear is rendered *completely* black)
    Edit: Oh, wait. Actually all three gears have some of their lower-right portions rendered completely black. Me blind.
    Last edited by nanonyme; 20 April 2009, 04:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Cool, I'm glad someone got it working.

It did run better a few weeks ago before texture support was added; I suspect something got broken either then or during the subsequent cleanup before release. We'll figure it out next week...

Leave a comment:

• legume
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Finally, the code has only really been run on developer machines, ie we haven't done the "put card A in, test, fix, put card B in, test, fix, put card A back in, test, curse, fix the previous fix, put card B back in, test, put card C in, test, fix, put card D in, test, wow it works, put card E in, test, fix..." dance yet.
    FWIW glxgears almost works on my HD3850 AGP, it segfaults every time at 30 seconds and there is so much debugging output that I have to redirect stderr to /dev/null, but I do see something - not quite rendered properly and it doesn't resize properly (the gears resize but do not stay within the window if reduced and if enlarged look like the shot below).

It's great to have something to test though - so thanks to all concerned.

Last edited by legume; 19 April 2009, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    I somehow assumed no one would start planning purchase decisions for something that doesn't officially exist yet. Anyway.
    There are some previews of test samples around the net, and some sites mention a release date of 28.4. No idea what parts of those information are "official", "leaked" or even "plain wrong".
    Was just wondering if it's worth keeping an eye on, or if it wouldn't be an option due to driver trouble anyway. Sorry for being a bit impatient.

Thank you for your reply john. If it takes until may or june until the hardware is available and 7xx 3D works, I'll wait. Feels good to have a palpable date

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I'm not totally sure of the status; we mentioned it at CEBIT IIRC, and I'm sure that OEMs have them, but didn't think there were any in public other than leaks. The lead time from part availability to laptops-in-customer-hands is pretty long; usually months not weeks.

Tell you what... if it's up on amd.com I'll talk about it, OK ? Hold on a minute... OK, so looks like the mobile parts are up on amd.com :

http://ati.amd.com/products/Mobility...860_index.html

So, yeah, the 3d engine shouldn't be hard to get running but the display blocks changed again IIRC. I expect display will take more fiddling than 3D to get running. Realistically we'll need to wait until production desktop cards are shipping but shouldn't take long after that.
    Last edited by bridgman; 18 April 2009, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X