Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More RadeonSI Optimizations Land In Mesa 22.0

Phoronix: More RadeonSI Optimizations Land In Mesa 22.0

Well known AMD OpenGL open-source driver developer Marek Olšák managed to land yet more performance optimizations this week into Mesa 22.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please make ACO to work with RadeonSI and all shall be forgiven

Comment

Does RadeonSI work with ACO yet or is it still using LLVM?

Comment

Originally posted by llort_lemmort View Post
        Does RadeonSI work with ACO yet or is it still using LLVM?
        ACO is only for Vulkan for now. This mean no support for RadeonSI, only for RADV.

Comment

Every NGG optimization article makes me sad that my Vega's implementation was too buggy to profit from this work.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
            Every NGG optimization article makes me sad that my Vega's implementation was too buggy to profit from this work.
            Does anyone know if it's working in any APU version of Vega?

Comment

Too bad AMD didn't sent Michael a pro card (even the cheapest one) to check those advancements. Looks like the day a opensource driver will be all AMD provides for their pro range.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
                Please make ACO to work with RadeonSI and all shall be forgiven
                A bit of a joke and a bit of a real questions: Shouldn't ACO be involved when you use Zink?

Comment

Prestige upgrades, not to get ridiculed by Zink.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    it will be interesting to see a fresh RadeonSI vs. Zink battle shortly on Phoronix.
                    Looking forward to it! Especially if we can get some historical context to it. (just suggestions..... --> ) Such as something from what Mesa 20 and Mesa 18 performance levels were like on the same system compared to now with these optimizations.

Comment

Working...
                    X