RadeonHD 1.2.5 Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    This should be fixed now in radeon git; vestige of the early days of xrandr 1.2 support.
    Yes, I can confirm that latest radeon git fixed it, thanks. Now I have no more need for radeonhd.

Comment

Originally posted by enteon View Post
      xorg takes up 80% of the cpu while simply scrolling down this web-page...i think i remember seeing 40% with radeonhd but not higher. dual-core with 2,8ghz.
      BUT my cpu is constantly running at 100% by two processes with nice 19. and if i stop them, the sluggish moving of windows disappears
      what are these processes?

Comment

what are these processes?
        either memory-friendly http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ work units or memory-eating http://cbl-link02.cs.technion.ac.il/...inkattechnion/ work units. it uses boinc, which is designed not to interfer with any other application.

radeon performance now returns to normal if i go back to just 2 open windows, which i think is sufficient for now. do you think performance problems are more likely to be fixed in the future through drm or radeon itself?
        radeon would be bad since i seem to be too dumb to compile it ^^
        Last edited by enteon; 10 April 2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

it seems like
          Option "DMAForXv" "0"
          fixes most of the slowlyness of radeon.

now i'm a happy radeon user thank you all for your help and patience!

Comment

nice release but just like radeon, just crashes my Xorg.

no trace in the logs (kernel log, Xorg.0.log and company).

cannot really understand how to find the reason.

I'm running an M76.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post

I'm running an M76.
              Crashes how? locks up? reboots? segfault? Does it crash as soon as the xserver loads or when you do some particular action?

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post

I'm running an M76.
                Can you pastebin your xorg log and dmesg output ?
                Test signature

Comment

Tested with a Radeon 7000

This should be fixed now in radeon git; vestige of the early days of xrandr 1.2 support.
                  I've just tried using the gnome-display-properties app with a Radeon 7000, and I do get the four rotation options "normal", "left", "right" and "upside down". However, selecting "left" just turned my monitor off, and the only way I could get it back again was to delete the .config/monitors.xml file.

The monitor is a DFP connected to DVI-0 and set to 1280x1024.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                    I've just tried using the gnome-display-properties app with a Radeon 7000, and I do get the four rotation options "normal", "left", "right" and "upside down". However, selecting "left" just turned my monitor off, and the only way I could get it back again was to delete the .config/monitors.xml file.

The monitor is a DFP connected to DVI-0 and set to 1280x1024.
                    Please file a bug and attach your xorg log and config:

Comment

FreeBSD-amd64?

Hi all,

I'm just lately trying to figure out how the Linux graphics stack works, so I'm sorry for the basic question:

Are the highlight features (2D and EXA acceleration, for me) of this new driver release applicable to FreeBSD amd64? What I'm looking for is silky-smooth 2D and video playback in something like compiz, running under FreeBSD amd64 (with a RV770, this would be). Having read what the Nvidia guys have said about the deficiencies of the FreeBSD graphics system, I can't tell if this DRI-based (which I know the Nvidia driver is not) approach works on more than just Linux.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X