Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work-In-Progress RadeonSI+Nine Showing Big Performance Win For Source Engine Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Fun point that implementation is not DX 11.1 UMD its only DX 11 UMD to make virtual machine running windows 8 work properly you need DX 11.1 UMD. I have been giving the windows 8 list for a reason. This is a problem you run into with Microsoft implementations of software and wrappers you run into half done implementations. they could have done all of DX11 UMB but no they did only half of the DX11 UMDs in that github project. Yes a DX11 program is allowed to use DX10 and DX9 parts in different places so you really need all of them.

Life would be a lot better all around if Microsoft was not doing this stuff half way.
    So many issues could be solved if we could just bypass UMD in it's entirety, optimally it would be a simple replace dxgi and the d3d libs with dxvk's and then use lavapipe or something, but last time I tried to replace system dxgi and d3d binaries, it ended as one would expect, borked. but this was a long time ago now, I just wish I had a second gpu that was capable of vulkan, I can't use my main gpu because I need to do actual work stuff sometimes lol.

id be willing to try again given the right circumstances, but that day is not any time near lol. in which case it would solve so many stupid issues with this.

Comment

i was always saying valve should support nine in proton

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        i was always saying valve should support nine in proton
        I haven't tested it yet, but it should also work with zink fairly well, unfortunately I decided to test winbtrfs, and it wreaked havoc on my filesystem so until I get around to fixing that, I won't be able to test it, as it is I can't even compile anything rn lol

Comment

Working...
        X