Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work-In-Progress RadeonSI+Nine Showing Big Performance Win For Source Engine Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work-In-Progress RadeonSI+Nine Showing Big Performance Win For Source Engine Games

Phoronix: Work-In-Progress RadeonSI+Nine Showing Big Performance Win For Source Engine Games

While Valve has been working on Vulkan-based rendering for Source Engine games by making use of DXVK for translating the game engine's native Direct3D calls to the Vulkan API, with some yet-to-be-merged Mesa patches around Gallium Nine there is much better performance to see with Gallium Nine at least for the RadeonSI driver...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ne-Double-Perf

It is so funny that RadeonSI + GN beats AMD's native D3D9 driver for Navi to death. AMD really hate their Windows customers.

Comment

any plan for dx11 to Gallium or dx12 to Gallium

Comment

Does this work on native Linux binaries, or does it mean you have to run the game via WINE/Proton? Reading the blog post, this seems to be about native Linux binaries, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          any plan for dx11 to Gallium or dx12 to Gallium
          I don't think the latter would make sense, but the former did exist (or was it 10? not sure anymore) and got removed from Mesa because of inactivity.

Comment

So Dx9 over Native GL beats Dx9 over Native Vulkan now ?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

I don't think the latter would make sense, but the former did exist (or was it 10? not sure anymore) and got removed from Mesa because of inactivity.
              why I think native dx12 better than Vkd3d or dxvk

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                It is so funny that RadeonSI + GN beats AMD's native D3D9 driver for Navi to death. AMD really hate their Windows customers.
                There is no DX9 title that doesn't run with at least 120-140fps on AMD Navi. IMO that's good enough and expecting to get the maximum theoretically achievable performance in deprecated legacy APIs is a false expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

why I think native dx12 better than Vkd3d or dxvk
                  D3D12 is lower level than Gallium3D, which is pretty much alike D3D10, I doubt performance would be that good.

Comment

Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
                    There is no DX9 title that doesn't run with at least 120-140fps on AMD Navi.
                    Unfortunately wrong (good joke, though). Guess which picture is Navi D3D9 and which is DXVK:
                    https://abload.de/img/mirrorsedge_2021_04_0rqj35.png
                    https://abload.de/img/mirrorsedge_2021_04_0w3je2.png
                    They've degraded their D3D9 driver to a pathetic piece of garbage since Navi (Polaris and probably also Vega were still fine).

Comment

Working...
                    X