Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Announces The Radeon PRO W6000 Series - RDNA2 Workstation GPUs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Announces The Radeon PRO W6000 Series - RDNA2 Workstation GPUs

    Phoronix: AMD Announces The Radeon PRO W6000 Series - RDNA2 Workstation GPUs

    Following their tease last week, AMD today formally announced the Radeon PRO W6000 series as their newest and most powerful RDNA (2) based workstation cards...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...O-W6000-Series

  • #2
    Still no sign of NAVI support in ROCm. You gotta be kidding!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      RDNA2, so this is for CAD and such then and not compute I guess

      Comment


      • #4
        No mention of FP64 rates here or at AMD.com. So if FP16 rate is up to 35 Tflops, and FP32 is up to 17 Tflops, the only logical conclusion is that FP64 rate is ... 1 Tflops. You know, the same as a 10yo HD7970. Because why would you want fast FP64 on a $2300 accelerator card?

        Just guessing.
        Last edited by Mark625; 08 June 2021, 10:30 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mark625 View Post
          No mention of FP64 rates here or at AMD.com. So if FP16 rate is up to 35 Tflops, and FP32 is up to 17 Tflops, the only logical conclusion is that FP64 rate is ... 1 Tflops. You know, the same as a 10yo HD7970. Because why would you want fast FP64 on a $2300 accelerator card?

          Just guessing.
          I've though the only logical conclusion is fp64 = fp32 / 2 -> fp64 = 8.5Tflops.

          Comment


          • #6
            Those pro cards are using the opensource OpenGL driver already, or are still relying on the old proprietary ones?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kgardas View Post

              I've though the only logical conclusion is fp64 = fp32 / 2 -> fp64 = 8.5Tflops.
              Logical conclusions usually aren't. If W6800 PRO had appreciable FP64 you can be sure AMD would have said so.

              If you need reasonable-cost FP64, hold out for a Radeon VII -- that's "out", not "your breath."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pipe13 View Post

                Logical conclusions usually aren't. If W6800 PRO had appreciable FP64 you can be sure AMD would have said so.

                If you need reasonable-cost FP64, hold out for a Radeon VII -- that's "out", not "your breath."
                Shit, it looks like from AMD site that the fp64 = fp32 /2 is no true at all. However I would bet it was true at least in the past...

                No, I don't need fp64 workhorse, I just need some 2D display for 3-4 monitors and that's all... So basically W3200 is fine for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  wish they'd announce the actual availability of their cards to mere mortals

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ernstp View Post
                    RDNA2, so this is for CAD and such then and not compute I guess
                    For CAD and content creation. Both of which use compute these days.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X