AMD Announces The Radeon PRO W6000 Series - RDNA2 Workstation GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces The Radeon PRO W6000 Series - RDNA2 Workstation GPUs

Phoronix: AMD Announces The Radeon PRO W6000 Series - RDNA2 Workstation GPUs

Following their tease last week, AMD today formally announced the Radeon PRO W6000 series as their newest and most powerful RDNA (2) based workstation cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no sign of NAVI support in ROCm. You gotta be kidding!!!

Comment

RDNA2, so this is for CAD and such then and not compute I guess

Comment

No mention of FP64 rates here or at AMD.com. So if FP16 rate is up to 35 Tflops, and FP32 is up to 17 Tflops, the only logical conclusion is that FP64 rate is ... 1 Tflops. You know, the same as a 10yo HD7970. Because why would you want fast FP64 on a $2300 accelerator card?

Just guessing.
        Last edited by Mark625; 08 June 2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark625 View Post
          No mention of FP64 rates here or at AMD.com. So if FP16 rate is up to 35 Tflops, and FP32 is up to 17 Tflops, the only logical conclusion is that FP64 rate is ... 1 Tflops. You know, the same as a 10yo HD7970. Because why would you want fast FP64 on a $2300 accelerator card?

Just guessing.
          I've though the only logical conclusion is fp64 = fp32 / 2 -> fp64 = 8.5Tflops.

Comment

Those pro cards are using the opensource OpenGL driver already, or are still relying on the old proprietary ones?

Comment

Originally posted by kgardas View Post

I've though the only logical conclusion is fp64 = fp32 / 2 -> fp64 = 8.5Tflops.
              Logical conclusions usually aren't. If W6800 PRO had appreciable FP64 you can be sure AMD would have said so.

If you need reasonable-cost FP64, hold out for a Radeon VII -- that's "out", not "your breath."

Comment

Originally posted by pipe13 View Post

Logical conclusions usually aren't. If W6800 PRO had appreciable FP64 you can be sure AMD would have said so.

If you need reasonable-cost FP64, hold out for a Radeon VII -- that's "out", not "your breath."
                Shit, it looks like from AMD site that the fp64 = fp32 /2 is no true at all. However I would bet it was true at least in the past...

No, I don't need fp64 workhorse, I just need some 2D display for 3-4 monitors and that's all... So basically W3200 is fine for me.

Comment

wish they'd announce the actual availability of their cards to mere mortals

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
                    RDNA2, so this is for CAD and such then and not compute I guess
                    For CAD and content creation. Both of which use compute these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X