Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Introduces FidelityFX Super Resolution, NVIDIA Announces DLSS For Steam Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
    If you really care about image quality you don't do lossy upscaling.
    Given how much negative publicity Nvidia got around DLSS 1.0 and how well-received 2.0 was, I'd say people do have some expectation that they'll get better quality than simple upscaling. Otherwise, why not just use a lower-res monitor and render natively?

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
    That's even more of a signal of just how much DLSS is doomed,
    Um, might want to hold off on forecasting the doom of DLSS. At least wait 'till FSR actually launches? It's just 3 weeks away.

Comment

DLSS is the trashy analytics based version of Temporal Upsampling. I already have this on my UE4.19 games:

Engine.ini

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
      r.TemporalAA.Upsampling=1
      r.ScreenPercentage=50

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
        DLSS is the trashy analytics based version of Temporal Upsampling. I already have this on my UE4.19 games:
        "Trashy" seems to be a minority opinion of DLSS 2.0. It's actually hard to find anything negative about it!Finally, this bombshell:

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post
          Even if is not on par of DLSS 2.0 the fact that it is an open (source) standard is a big plus. DLSS is just vendor lock crap like CUDA.
          CUDA, PhysX, GSync... DLSS. They love to push their proprietary garbage.
          i really think right now its nvidia downfall... AMD right now wins any super computer sale and nvidia is losing marketshare.

only super egozentric people buy nvidia for linux right now anyone with a brain and any future planing abilities buy AMD...
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
            There were recently dome rumors that Valve will release mini-consoles powered by Linux.
            Maybe they are powered by Nvidia GPUs.
            you do joking right?... why does Valve pay all the RADV developers ? of course they will use AMD hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
              Wow. A lot of victory dancing, yet the quality I've seen looks pretty poor. Some people are suggesting that it's little/nothing more than checkerboard rendering + contrast-adaptive sharpening.
              i think the people just don't care how good nvidia technology is if it is nvidia only they skip it.

i am the same if something is nvidia only like cuda/physx/DLSS2 and so one and so one i skip it.

i am not interested in nvidia and walled garden and closed proprietary standards.

Comment

I'm really curious how good FSR turns out to be and when it'll arrive on linux.
                Go AMD for making it open source and available to all!

But i'm really surprised about the small DLSS-Announcement - almost seems like the Linux-Gaming-Marketshare is getting big enough for nvidia to at least care a little bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
                  I'm really curious how good FSR turns out to be and when it'll arrive on linux.
                  Go AMD for making it open source and available to all!
                  But i'm really surprised about the small DLSS-Announcement - almost seems like the Linux-Gaming-Marketshare is getting big enough for nvidia to at least care a little bit?
                  believe it or not it is NOT the linux marketshare .... they can 100% ignore the small linux marketshare on desktop and the steam/gaming marketshare is only like 33% of the linux desktop marketshare means even smaler .... (linux desktop marketshare is like 3% and steam gaming is like 0,9%)

no thats not what is killing nvidia i tell you what is killing nvidia: not the Quantity of the people who use linux as desktop or gaming it is the "Quality" of the people...

now you think what "Quality" ??? quality means that like all linux desktop users and linux gamers are also group of linux professionals who work in HPC and server space and other part of the computer/IT/internet industry...

this is what makes it dangerous to nvidia... believe it or not but Nvidia lose Enterprise/HPC/Server/Workstation sales only because the Cross-users who are professionals AND linux gamers and linux desktop users are frustrated by closed source Nvidia shit on the desktop .

and if these people choose AMD for linux desktop/gaming there is a high chance that they also choose AMD for Enterprise/HPC/Server/Workstation...

forget Quantity (marketshare) it is the "Quality of people" what count.

Comment

Interesting way to look at it...maybe there is some merit to your explanation. After all, Windows dominance stems from their homeuser/gaming-marketshare, too

Comment

If only anti-cheat companies like EAC/BE could coop with SteamPlay devs... too many of my games are now locked behind anticheat which has forced me back to windows. Not happy about that but I don't like desktops/kernels choosing what I play for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X