Radeon Software for Linux 20.45 Driver Released With RX 6800 Series Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Software for Linux 20.45 Driver Released With RX 6800 Series Support

Phoronix: Radeon Software for Linux 20.45 Driver Released With RX 6800 Series Support

Radeon Software for Linux 20.45 is now available as the Radeon RX 6800 series launch driver for Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mesa is the driver to use - none the less it is fine to have so much options.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Mesa is the driver to use - none the less it is fine to have so much options.
      Depends if mesa has a problem with a game you want to use though or something else. Options are definitely very good.

Comment

20.45 opencl doesn't work with Davinci Resolve. 20.40 currently works and works side by side with ppa:kisak/kisak-mesa for mesa latest. I've been following amds linux radeon software and it's always hit or miss. 20.45 looks to be a miss since it doesn't work with everything.

Blackmagic is largely to blame as they don't properly support linux, but you do what you have too. I'm just crossing my fingers that the official davinci resolve 17 works with 20.40 until a better driver is released.

Comment

Originally posted by dp27thelight View Post
          20.45 opencl doesn't work with Davinci Resolve. 20.40 currently works and works side by side with ppa:kisak/kisak-mesa for mesa latest. I've been following amds linux radeon software and it's always hit or miss. 20.45 looks to be a miss since it doesn't work with everything.
          Just checking - was this with the -PRO install ? Which GPU were you using ?

I'm asking because for Vega and Navi the 20.45 driver switches from PAL back end (--opencl=pal) to KFD/ROCR back end (--opencl=rocr) and there have been reported issues using DaVinci Resolve with the ROCm stack. What hasn't been clear is whether the issues on the ROCm stack were related to the OpenCL implementation or to the use of Mesa GL vs AMD workstation GL. If it is just the OpenCL back end change causing the issue then we need to get that red-flagged and try to get someone looking at it.

What makes it all the more fun is that all of the reported issues have been on distros that Blackmagic does not support - AFAIK they only support CentOS and a third party re-packaging script is required to install on anything else, while all of the tickets seem to be on Ubuntu.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X