We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm getting old, but this:

"The Radeon RX 6800 is a 250 Watt graphics card aiming for entry-level 4K performance and to compete with the RTX 2080 Ti while should hit retail on Wednesday at ~$579 USD"

Nearly $600, 2.5x the watts of a standard light bulb and all you get is entry-level 4k performance? No thanks!!!

I'll just buy a PS5 when they become available, hook it up to my 50 inch tv and really game.

Comment

Let's hope there's availability in volume and that we don't get the same kind of supply shortages combined with blatant scalping that has plagued Nvidia's RTX 3000-series so far.

Then again I'm not keeping my hopes up considering this relies on the exact same TSMC process node as the new Ryzen 5000-series, the PS5 and the Xbox Series S/X rely on. All of which are suffering from some pretty serious supply issues at the moment.

As for the price, I'm expecting that we're not going to be seeing prices below 650€ over here in Europe. But like with the Librem 5, I hope I'm wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
        Let's be serious. King of beer can only go to a Belgian...
        ...this is going to end in a fist fight I guess

p.s.: true Belgian beer is really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

...this is going to end in a fist fight I guess

p.s.: true Belgian beer is really nice.
          You have to admit, the Trappist Monk beers are very nice.
          GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Actually these pads are back from XDC2012 Chicago or so when I organized it and Phoronix hosted a beer event at the conference.... I think I ordered like 2k or something was the minimum quantity and thus still going through the surplus.
            Sell it as Phoronix "merchandise" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
              Let's hope there's availability in volume and that we don't get the same kind of supply shortages combined with blatant scalping that has plagued Nvidia's RTX 3000-series so far.

Then again I'm not keeping my hopes up considering this relies on the exact same TSMC process node as the new Ryzen 5000-series, the PS5 and the Xbox Series S/X rely on. All of which are suffering from some pretty serious supply issues at the moment.

As for the price, I'm expecting that we're not going to be seeing prices below 650€ over here in Europe. But like with the Librem 5, I hope I'm wrong...
              AMD themselves are saying it will sell out instantly. As for AIB prices there have been some leaks out of Europe and it looks like they are going to be gouging. That is one of the reasons why I was going to get up tomorrow and try to land one of the AMD ones.

Comment

Working...
              X