Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zboszor View Post
    agd5f https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/053408.html
    "We also need to release the firmware when the driver unloads or is that already handled in some common path?"
    Not just that, you also need to release the firmware file into the linux-firmware GIT. :-P
    I don't generally push firmware to linux-firmware until close to product launch time to avoid pre-production firmware causing problems on production boards.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

I don't generally push firmware to linux-firmware until close to product launch time to avoid pre-production firmware causing problems on production boards.
      Renoir is already in production. I see these messages at every boot and resume on my Asus TUF Gaming A15 laptop (CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is a Renoir part) and the quoted mail thread is about loading the TA firmware on Renoir:
      [173704.009944] [drm:dpcd_set_source_specific_data [amdgpu]] *ERROR* Error in DP aux read transaction, not writing source specific data
      [173704.116118] [drm:mod_hdcp_add_display_to_topology [amdgpu]] *ERROR* Failed to add display topology, DTM TA is not initialized.

So please, add renoir_ta.bin to linux-firmware at your earliest convenience.
      Last edited by zboszor; 24 September 2020, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Van Gogh sounds pretty interesting, as well as its successor "Dragon Crest". Is it expected to max out at 4 cores?

It looks like Dimgrey Cavefish is the name for a smaller RDNA 2 die, e.g. RX 6600 and RX 6500.

Comment

Working...
        X