Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    The important numbers are how ACO almost always has the better minimum frame times.

Who cares if a game can hit 189 fps if it keeps dipping down to 12 fps leading to an unenjoyable screenshot experience?

Leave a comment:

• blacknova
    replied
    Interesting, Polaris and Vega arch benefited from ACO much more than Navi. Were ACO development and optimization mainly targeted for these cards?

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    The level of improvement that Vega 56 has gotten leads me to believe something they've done must have un-blocked a bottleneck somewhere for the Vega 56.

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    While ACO can improve framerate the most important benefit is the reduced compile times and perhaps a better compatibility with various games. I think for 20.2 it could be enabled by default if devs are willing. Now let's hope they port it to radeonsi as well. I think it is even more needed there, the compile times for radeonsi are currently bad.

Leave a comment:

• AMD Radeon Linux Gaming Performance On Mesa 20.1 Looking Good With RADV+ACO

Phoronix: AMD Radeon Linux Gaming Performance On Mesa 20.1 Looking Good With RADV+ACO

Since its mainlining in Mesa 20.0, the Valve-backed ACO compiler back-end for the Radeon "RADV" Vulkan driver has been helping to reduce game load times and often increasing overall Linux gaming performance both for native titles as well as those on Steam Play with Proton+DXVK/VKD3D. With Mesa 20.1 releasing in the coming weeks, here are some recent benchmarks showing the RADV+ACO performance on Mesa 20.1-devel compared to RADV using its default AMDGPU LLVM back-end.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X