Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get XV, DRI working on HD 3300 (rv620) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I ran depmod -a and rebooted. Maybe it's just an Ubuntu thing... and someone else knows what's wrong. Well, it's too late now (11.30pm) to look into the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rahman.duran View Post
      I can comfirm this issue on my hd3200 igp. The only way to swithcing VT and back to X is while you are in VT kill the X server first ( one way is to going to "runlevel 3" and then "runlevel 5" but this time you loose your running session).
      Yep, can confirm this issue too on my HD3300 IGP using todays (09.02.2009) git.

Hope this bug gets squashed next if the git gets updated by the devs as massive as the last few days.

Comment

Since I see the people here use xserver 1.5.3., I wanted to ask if any of the new code supports xserver 1.6. yet? With HD3200 on Jaunty I get horrible performance with both radeon and radeonhd. Is this code only useable right now with the old xserver?
        Last edited by susikala; 11 February 2009, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I have seen the code used on very recent X servers, so it's probably OK to run with Jaunty. In general the latest open source driver code tends to track the latest X server code since the two evolve together.

Remember that you will need the 6xx-7xx support branches for both DRM and the X driver (radeonhd or ati).
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
            Since I see the people here use xserver 1.5.3., I wanted to ask if any of the new code supports xserver 1.6. yet? With HD3200 on Jaunty I get horrible performance with both radeon and radeonhd. Is this code only useable right now with the old xserver?
            I use the xserver 1.6 included in Jaunty. It runs fast for me.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              Yes, I ran depmod -a and rebooted. Maybe it's just an Ubuntu thing... and someone else knows what's wrong. Well, it's too late now (11.30pm) to look into the issue.
              I run Ubuntu too. For some reason, Ubuntu wouldn't autoload the compiled drm module. I went into the folder where I copied it and insmod'd it. Restarted X, and xvinfo works. -vo xv in mplayer works like a charm, so I added it into /etc/modules (or does anyone know how to get Ubuntu to accept it?). I get somewhat teary video with radeonhd now, so I think I'm going to test the 6xx/7xx branch in radeon too. But it's quite blazingly fast.

So, I can confirm this is working for me on HD3200 / Jaunty / latest xserver as of 11.02.09.

P.S. bridgman: are the steps to get radeon to work with 6xx/7xx hardware basically the same?
              Last edited by susikala; 12 February 2009, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
                I get somewhat teary video with radeonhd now, so I think I'm going to test the 6xx/7xx branch in radeon too.
                I'm referring to this commit, I was pointed to it by someone in chat. I couldn't find it in the radeonhd tree, does anyone know if it's going to be ported there too?

Comment

@susikala

It is highly unlikely that you need to load the drm module on your own as it is a depend of the radeon module. If that is not autoloaded by the radeon driver, then it is an error of that driver. It does not load of course when a fglrx module was loaded.

Comment

With todays drm source swichting between X and VT no longer poses a problem! Finally got radeonhd & XV working flawlessly - JAY Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

The drm_pciids.txt file has the Mobility HD3400 lines in the wrong order in the file, so the cards are not recognized. Moving them to the proper location makes them work:

Code:
                      diff --git a/shared-core/drm_pciids.txt b/shared-core/drm_pciids.txt
                      index 5792eb3..20a51fe 100644
                      --- a/shared-core/drm_pciids.txt
                      +++ b/shared-core/drm_pciids.txt
                      @@ -286,12 +286,12 @@
                       0x1002 0x958E CHIP_RV630|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Radeon HD 2600 LE"
                       0x1002 0x958F CHIP_RV630|RADEON_IS_MOBILITY|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Mobility Fir
                       0x1002 0x95C0 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Radeon HD 3470"
                      +0x1002 0x95C2 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_IS_MOBILITY|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Mobility Rad
                      +0x1002 0x95C4 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_IS_MOBILITY|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Mobility Rad
                       0x1002 0x95C5 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Radeon HD 3450"
                       0x1002 0x95C6 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Radeon HD 3450"
                       0x1002 0x95C7 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Radeon HD 3430"
                       0x1002 0x95C9 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Radeon HD 3450"
                      -0x1002 0x95C2 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_IS_MOBILITY|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Mobility Rad
                      -0x1002 0x95C4 CHIP_RV620|RADEON_IS_MOBILITY|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI Mobility Rad
                       0x1002 0x95CC CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI FirePro V3700"
                       0x1002 0x95CD CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI FireMV 2450"
                       0x1002 0x95CE CHIP_RV620|RADEON_NEW_MEMMAP "ATI FireMV 2260"
                      Note: I haven't gotten any further than loading drm.ko and radeon.ko yet, dunno if the radeonhd driver will actually work for me. I just finally see the drm init in dmesg now.

Comment

Working...
                      X