No announcement yet.

AMD gets beaten by NVidia, any plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the article were in English :P It doesn't mention OpenGL games. Frankly, I never heard of the stuff this article talks about :P

Comment

RealNC: it seems you want to hear from AMD "yes we are going to support CUDA and PhysicX the next month" or "we are forcing companies to support our products, and it will happen the next month"

Try to realize that if you want everything now, you made the wrong choice, and it's your fault: you didn't collect enough information before buying your video card.

Now you can sell your card or wait that work is done.

There's no reason to question any more.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Fixed it for you.
        If you are talking about de facto standards, just remember that you are on a Linux forum. Most of the de facto standards are made by Microsoft or do not run on Linux- Windows, Direct3D, MS Office file formats, Internet Explorer quirk mode, many of the big commercial game franchises, most things made by Adobe or Autodesk, etc. etc. We really don't give a flying fart about what's the de facto proprietary standard that only runs on one particular anything as it rarely involves our OS.

Comment

CUDA and PhysX are NOT Microsoft standards.

Comment

CUDA and PhysX are NOT Microsoft standards.
            M$ was an example.

Comment

There is 1 worthy use for cuda or steam

Hopefully a linux client is released soon..or one that can work in wine.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

I don't agree with RealNC's argument but he's got uncanny timing.

In addition to excellent graphics, thoroughly satisfying gameplay, and atmospheric sound effects, Shadowgrounds Survivor is the first commercial game on Linux to take advantage of the nvidia PhysX physics library, giving new depth to the feel of the game.
                *http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/11493

Comment

:P

Yeah, not intentional by me, but weird timing. So I guess PhysX is usable on Linux just as well.

Comment

:P

Yeah, not intentional by me, but weird timing. So I guess PhysX is usable on Linux just as well.
                    TileRacer uses PhysX as well and runs on Linux. However, you do not need an NVIDIA GPU to run PhysX. Heck, I am not even sure if NVIDIA's Linux GPU drivers even allow for the GPU to do physics calculations.

Comment

I don't know. What I know though, is that PhysX with NVidia is not the same as PhysX without. Not the speed, but the experience. More details with PhysX on NVidia that are completely disabled and non-visible on ATI.

Comment

Working...
                      X