RADV Lands VK_EXT_subgroup_size_control For Exposing Wave32 On Navi/GFX10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Lands VK_EXT_subgroup_size_control For Exposing Wave32 On Navi/GFX10

Phoronix: RADV Lands VK_EXT_subgroup_size_control For Exposing Wave32 On Navi/GFX10

Valve open-source developer Samuel Pitoiset has landed his work enabling the Vulkan VK_EXT_subgroup_size_control extension that for GFX10/Navi is being used to expose Wave32 capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So something like dxvk would need to explicitly make use of it, to benefit from wave32?

Aco wave32 is currently work in progress: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/Venem...co-navi-wave32

Comment

I don't think Wave32 is always better, so it should be enabled/used by the software.

Comment

Also, does it only affect compute shaders, or other shaders can benefit from wave32 too?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          So something like dxvk would need to explicitly make use of it, to benefit from wave32?
          Wave32 is not currently the default, but you can opt to use it with a couple of environment variables. It doesn't yield a significant enough benefit, and is not always better, as far as I've played around with it.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Aco wave32 is currently work in progress: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/Venem...co-navi-wave32
          Please don't use that branch yet, that is some pretty old code there and it has a number of unsolved problems. You will hear from it when it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post
            Please don't use that branch yet, that is some pretty old code there and it has a number of unsolved problems. You will hear from it when it's ready.
            I didn't use it yet, just saw that it's there

Comment

Working...
            X