Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV Vulkan Driver Picks Up Several GFX10/Navi Fixes, Including To Address Random Hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    No issues with mesa-git and
    ffmpeg -hwaccel vaapi -hwaccel_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -hwaccel_output_format vaapi -i input.mp4 -c:v h264_vaapi -global_quality 15 -c:a copy -map 0 output.mp4
    here
    Try with kmsgrab (and/or darmstadt).

Comment

Deleted.
      Last edited by nuetzel; 04 October 2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
        Lanz What games are affected? Can you eventually report your problem here https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues ?
        Loading a level in Borderlands 2 is a guaranteed system lock requiring a hard reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          hakzsam Do you still need or want a bug report if it works now?
          So, everything works fine on your end?

Comment

So, everything works fine on your end?
            100% perfect now. AFAICT, based on my timing and what commits happened around those builds that gave me crashes, NIR seems to be the likely cause of my issues that week.

I doubt very many of us (end users) run AMD_DEBUG=nir 100% of the time like I do. Been so long that it was the (obvious) cause of something in the limited amount of games I play these days that I didn't even think to disable it for a test or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post

Loading a level in Borderlands 2 is a guaranteed system lock requiring a hard reboot.
              I can't reproduce anything on my Radeon 5700/5700 XT with mesa/llvm master and recent AMDGPU kernel.
              Can you please try to update your install and try again?
              Let me know if you are still able to reproduce after that.

Comment

I can't reproduce anything on my Radeon 5700/5700 XT with mesa/llvm master and recent AMDGPU kernel.
                Can you please try to update your install and try again?
                Let me know if you are still able to reproduce after that.
                Prior to today's mesa-git (lcarlier) update on Arch, I was still having the hard locks. It has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post

Prior to today's mesa-git (lcarlier) update on Arch, I was still having the hard locks. It has been fixed.
                  Great, thanks for confirming!

Comment

hakzsam It seems my crash issue was related to using drm-next-5.5-wip branch, it doesn't crash with 5.3.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                      hakzsam It seems my crash issue was related to using drm-next-5.5-wip branch, it doesn't crash with 5.3.
                      Nice, so all issues we talked about in this thread seem fixed!

Comment

Working...
                      X