Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Navi (RX 5700 xt) and OpenCL support

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a custom RX 5700 XT and I was wondering what is the status of the OpenCL support. I expect the performance not to be so good as in a Vega card, but is it OpenCL working at all with the open source drivers? Do I require to install the AMD semi-proprietary stack? Thanks!

madageave thank you for the answer. Recently I found this that might be interesting for you: https://www.sisoftware.co.uk/2019/08...radeon-5700xt/

Lets see if Michael or bridgman have a bit more information on this topic.

Comment

When I run 'clinfo' I'm getting:
      fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1010-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory

Does anybody know when Navi will get OpenCL support in Mesa?

Comment

Hmm, I know this thread is old, but I just noticed this error myself. I'm hoping this error is not serious because Navi is not amdgcn, right? I think that message doesn't apply to 5700 generation (and newer).

In any case, I have it working with the AMDGPU OSS stack + amdgpu non-pro libs, mesa, & llvm packages, which are version 20.10, at present.

I was checking around to see if it made sense to try *without* the extra mesa-amdgpu packages, or what combination works.

Comment

[QUOTE=Porcelain Mouse;n1177886]

In any case, I have it working with the AMDGPU OSS stack + amdgpu non-pro libs, mesa, & llvm packages, which are version 20.10, at present.

How did you get it working ?

Comment

Working...
          X