Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Navi (RX 5700 xt) and OpenCL support

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a custom RX 5700 XT and I was wondering what is the status of the OpenCL support. I expect the performance not to be so good as in a Vega card, but is it OpenCL working at all with the open source drivers? Do I require to install the AMD semi-proprietary stack? Thanks!

Originally posted by elmo23x View Post
    I expect the performance not to be so good as in a Vega card
    You're right, here is a review of compute performance (on windows). It seems to vary a lot, sometimes close to Vega, sometimes only matching Polaris. However not that there are many problems with drivers and some of the usual sources for compute reviews have not covered it because they consider the drivers to be broken.
    is it OpenCL working at all with the open source drivers
    The AMD rep who frequents this forum answered a question I asked about Navi support for ROCm and he said it was coming. At present there is zero open source OpenCL support for this GPU. Support for OpenGL and Vulkan is there though.
    Do I require to install the AMD semi-proprietary stack?
    AFAIK yes, but I'm not sure if even the proprietary stack supports it. I have seen little discussion of Navi OpenCL, other than questions about does it/when will it work!

Comment

Working...
    X