Benchmarking Valve's RADV+ACO Yields Fastest Open-Source Radeon Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post

The Linux Vulkan driver (vulkan-amdgpu-pro in 19.30) does have Navi support. Not sure how to interpret "by definition" but since it is the same code it picks up the same support. Maybe that's what you mean.

What we haven't done yet is release a sanitized-for-open-source version of the code.
    This entire conversation was about the amdvlk drivers.

Anyone claiming they have navi support is doing the equivalent of claiming that blizzard games have linux clients. Technically they do behind closed doors, but there's no public release so no - they have no support for linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      This entire conversation was about the amdvlk drivers.
      Not sure I agree... different people seemed to be talking about different things... I saw comments like "no Vulkan driver" which is incorrect. That's why I tried to toss in a bit of clarification.

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Anyone claiming they have navi support is doing the equivalent of claiming that blizzard games have linux clients. Technically they do behind closed doors, but there's no public release so no - they have no support for linux.
      If you only mean the open source version, that is correct. If you are talking about whether there is launch time Vulkan support or not, different answer... unless you are equating "publicly released closed source driver" with "behind closed doors".
      Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Not sure I agree... different people seemed to be talking about different things... I saw comments like "no Vulkan driver" which is incorrect. That's why I tried to toss in a bit of clarification.
        I don't know what other people said, but you quoted me and I always specifically referred to amdvlk.

If you only mean the open source version, that is correct. If you are talking about whether there is launch time Vulkan support or not, different answer... unless you are equating "publicly released closed source driver" with "behind closed doors".
        One more time. I'm referring to amdvlk, and always have been. I've never said a single thing about anything else in this entire thread. I can only assume pal666 was as well, since that was the whole topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          I don't know what other people said, but you quoted me and I always specifically referred to amdvlk.

One more time. I'm referring to amdvlk, and always have been. I've never said a single thing about anything else in this entire thread. I can only assume pal666 was as well, since that was the whole topic.
          My apologies if I misinterpreted your post. What I quoted was the following, and I (perhaps wrongly) interpreted "drivers" (plural) to mean all of the Vulkan drivers rather than just AMDVLK:

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          Moron. The drivers don't have navi support. By definition.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X