Radeon Software For Linux 19.30 Brings Radeon RX 5700 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Didn't realize it was for an actual 5700.

There are some firmware files located in amdgpu-dkms/data.tar.xz/usr/src/amdgpu-19.30-838629/firmware/amdgpu that are timestamped a few days older than what is in that repository. I haven't checksumed anything so they very well might be the same and just uploaded a few days after 19.30 was released.

You might want to try the drm-next branch instead of amd-staging-drm-next. Just remove "amd-staging-" from the _branch line. It has some additional navi10 and navi14 commits that amd-staging-drm-next doesn't have.

You'll probably also want mesa-git as well since 19.1 won't have everything that you need for full Navi support since a lot of it is still getting ready for the 19.2 Mesa release.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I tried thise firmware files as well with the same outcome: The PC freezes while booting.
    Same for the drm-next branch. I'll try the drm-next-5.3 branch next.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post

The vulkan-amdgpu-pro and amdgpu-pro-core packages are already installed as part of the amdgpu-pro-installer package.
      I had a full working AMD Stack before with an AMD Radeon R9 380.
      I am using an up to date Arch Linux with kernel 5.2 at the moment.
      I kind of feel tarded. Just realized there's an up-to-date amdgpu-pro-installer in the AUR...not gonna lie, haven't looked at an AUR Pro package in a few months so I didn't even think to check before discussing this with you.

Hopefully I don't fubar my system when I install it. Finger's crossed.

EDIT: It installed and works with my 580 and 5.2 mainline, but it did not install as expected. The meta package didn't pull in anything nor did it install everything in the correct order when manually selecting the individual packages leading to dependency errors. Thank goodness I had Octopi to keep trying to install them them over and over again until they all installed correctly.

I also had to uninstall any other pro-based packages (opencl-amd and amdgpu-pro-vulkan-only) due to the expected existing file errors.

EDIT2: Now the Hitman 2 launcher is calling my RX 580 an HD5600 .
      Last edited by skeevy420; 12 July 2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried thise firmware files as well with the same outcome: The PC freezes while booting.
        Same for the drm-next branch. I'll try the drm-next-5.3 branch next.
        agd5f

Any suggestion for a kernel/branch for that user to try to get a 5700XT to work on Arch?

Comment

Any of my branches (drm-next, amd-staging-drm-next, drm-next-5.3) should be fine. Also, make sure you grab the firmware from:

The git tree for the current 19.30 dkms kernel support is also available in my repo in the amd-19.30 branch.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            Any of my branches (drm-next, amd-staging-drm-next, drm-next-5.3) should be fine. Also, make sure you grab the firmware from:
            https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5..._ucode/navi10/
            The git tree for the current 19.30 dkms kernel support is also available in my repo in the amd-19.30 branch.
            I have tried your drm-next branch, as it seems to be the most recent one. Unfortunately, the display freezes upon loading the amdgpu module and I am getting the following error:
            Code:
            [ 69.767378] [drm:psp_hw_start [amdgpu]] *ERROR* PSP load kdb failed!
            [ 69.767426] [drm:psp_hw_init [amdgpu]] *ERROR* PSP firmware loading failed
            [ 69.767466] [drm:amdgpu_device_fw_loading [amdgpu]] *ERROR* hw_init of IP block <psp> failed -22
            I have the 50th anniversary edition of the 5700XT, maybe this one is not yet supported?

Here is the dmesg output from after inserting the amdgpu module:
            https://nopaste.xyz/?b8cc6e4b0540406...ZH5B0g9sC4rqU=

Comment

With the regular linux-drm-next as well as llvm-git and mesa-git it seems to work now. Couldn't get amdgpu-pro to work. But apart from glxgears, no 3D program rendered correctly. Minecraft even froze the whole system upon launch. There is still a lot to do on the driver side of things. Navi is not yet usable with the open-source drivers.

Comment

Looks like something going wrong during kernel driver init, although not clear whether it is VCN or PSP:

Code:
                [   69.071890] [drm] PSP loading VCN firmware
                [   69.767378] [drm:psp_hw_start [amdgpu]] *ERROR* PSP load kdb failed!
                [   69.767426] [drm:psp_hw_init [amdgpu]] *ERROR* PSP firmware loading failed
                [   69.767466] [drm:amdgpu_device_fw_loading [amdgpu]] *ERROR* hw_init of IP block <psp> failed -22
                [   69.767470] amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: amdgpu_device_ip_init failed
                [   69.767473] amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: Fatal error during GPU init
                Test signature

Comment

The Pro stack installed on Ubuntu supported version - installs ok, but there are some issues...

1) I tried Metro: Last Light and it just crashes before the menu (like maybe 10 seconds in). Unfortunately I wasn't able to test other games, so unsure if it is a game-specific crashing bug.

2)The 32-bit Vulkan library fails to load, i.e. tested with wine. Always get a bad elf format error.

Looking forward to trying a new release hopefully bugs will get squished

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

RX 5700 XT(Sapphire) here:
                    Tried the 26th August ones and the PC just freezes with them.
                    amdgpu 19.30 does not work with Xorg, it does somewhat work with Wayland though(I am currently writing from a Wayland session).
                    The Wayland session is very buggy though, glitches(videos not displaying, random rectangles in some apps, UI all messed up after opening some windows), freezes, sometimes when opening a small window, draws a small rectangle in the corner and does not refresh the rest of the screen, just that small rectangle(launching some full screen apps/games sometimes "fixes" this bug).

Comment

Working...
                    X