Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU Driver Gets Final Batch Of Features For Linux 4.21

Phoronix: AMDGPU Driver Gets Final Batch Of Features For Linux 4.21

A final pull request of new feature material for the AMD Linux graphics drivers was submitted on Friday for the upcoming 4.21 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought there was plans to merge AMDGPU and AMDKFD into a single module?
    Was this plan abandoned or is it just too early to expect this merge?

Comment

What about the fan rpm control patches?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by IreMinMon View Post
        Forgive my ignorance, but I thought there was plans to merge AMDGPU and AMDKFD into a single module?

Right in the title of the link: [pull] amdgpu, amdkfd, ttm, scheduler drm-next-4.21

Hi Dave, More features for 4.21: amdgpu:

- DC trace support
        - More DC documentation
        - XGMI hive reset support
        - Rework IH interaction with KFD
        - Misc fixes and cleanups

amdkfd:
        - Limit vram overcommit
        - dmabuf support
        - Support for doorbell BOs

ttm:
        - Support for simultaneous submissions to multiple engines scheduler:
        - Add helpers for hw with preemption support

The following changes since commit 2c486cc4c2774df684d8a43ca7a20670c67ccd76:

drm/amdgpu: wait for IB test on first device open (2018-11-30 12:01:35 -0500) are available in the git repository at:

git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux drm-next-4.21

for you to fetch changes up to 22666cc1481ae3814d9c7718418cc4a3aa7d90c3:

drm/amdgpu: move IV prescreening into the GMC code (2018-12-07 18:14:26 -0500)

Comment

Originally posted by IreMinMon View Post
          The two drivers are being built into a single module (ie merged from a build perspective) but are not being merged into a single driver.

The amdgpu driver is a standard drm driver with one instance per GPU, while the amdkfd driver has one instance for the entire system and is built around a system-wide topology map.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X