No announcement yet.

A Few Kernel Patches & New Firmware Have The Radeon RX 590 Working On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael It may be worth to test the latest drm-next-4.21-wip commits. It seems to have fixed the GPU hangs here and I am able to use my RX 590 fully. I tested Overwatch via DXVK and get consistent framerates without any hangs.

Comment

I playing around 2 hours in AC. Odyssey without hangs,but in Superposition GPU hangs after few seconds after starting benchmark.

Comment

Lol, AC hangs too now

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          And so far blocked by stability issues under load... Any GL/Vulkan game is currently causing GPU hangs.
          Hello Michael - can you get a dmesg log when the GPU hangs? Log into the machine via SSH, hang your GPU, and then just run dmesg from the SSH session. Should show you what kind of issue you are encountering there.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

Hello Michael - can you get a dmesg log when the GPU hangs? Log into the machine via SSH, hang your GPU, and then just run dmesg from the SSH session. Should show you what kind of issue you are encountering there.
            It's pertaining to memory clocking, AMD sent over one test patch but that didn't fix it, but if using the PowerPlay feature mask to disable memory re-clocking it runs stable (albeit slow vRAM).
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It's pertaining to memory clocking, AMD sent over one test patch but that didn't fix it, but if using the PowerPlay feature mask to disable memory re-clocking it runs stable (albeit slow vRAM).
              What error message are you getting in the dmesg log? I'm not 100% sure, but by the sound of it, this sounds similar to what I was experiencing with my Sapphire RX 570.

Comment

GPU unstable even without hard gl/vulkan application. Now it's freezing just on gnome-shell screen.

Comment

Michael There is new AMDGPU-PRO now, maybe that will work for RX 590

There is no changelog as usual, just guessing
                  Last edited by dungeon; 04 December 2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You can try this kernel, a couple of latest patches is for OEM RX590 engine clock handling.

I am using latest wip branche

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Gnome3 is unstable, use a better desktop.
                    Oooh maaaan

Comment

debianxfce seriously?)

Comment

Working...
                      X