No announcement yet.

Radeon/AMDGPU DRM Drivers Get HD Audio Component Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean for GCN 1.2+, we will have to set amdgpu.dc=0 to get HDMI/DP HD audio working (for now)?

Awesome work by Takashi regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
      Does this mean for GCN 1.2+, we will have to set amdgpu.dc=0 to get HDMI/DP HD audio working (for now)?
      No, this is just internal rework, it doesn't change that only DC supports HDMI/DP audio with GCN 1.1+.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
        There has been AMD Ryzen laptops with an integrated Vega iGPU for a while so i guess you mean laptops with an Vega dGPU.
        I haven't seen anything about that so i would be pleased if you shared any information on that.
        I meant both.

I know the Vega iGPU ones exist, but they haven't penetrated the market a lot yet. Anyway, this needs to be resolved for both iGPU and dGPU AMD laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
          Doesn't affect DP/HDMI audio directly per se. It's an internal rework for dealing with audio on the dGPU on hybrid graphics laptops in certain cases when the dGPU and audio codec may be in different power states.

Comment

Working...
          X