Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon/AMDGPU DRM Drivers Get HD Audio Component Support

Phoronix: Radeon/AMDGPU DRM Drivers Get HD Audio Component Support

If there is one part of the Radeon/AMDGPU open-source graphics driver stack that feels like it's been somewhat neglected over time has been the HDMI/DP audio support. Fortunately, another improvement is on the way for bettering it...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...udio-Component

I have to ask... Linux 5.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
      I have to ask... Linux 5.0?
      Linux 5.0 should come after Linux 4.19... It's pretty standard these days after x.19 for the kernel to move to (x+1).o per Torvalds' expressed preferences.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

He did it only for 3.19 -> 4.0, just because he don't like big numbers.. I don't know if it's a thing yet..
        But it's Linus Torvald, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd do that

I thought there was an official news somewhere

Comment

Linus does quite whatever he feels like at the very moment with the kernel version numbers. I prefer the classic model that versions follow achieved features. On the other hand, the kernel is somewhat different from normal software so ... but I wouldn't bet on 4.20 = 5.0. (You can see some large numbers at 3.2, 4.4. or 4.9 patchlevels by now.) I guess we'll see in some time.

On the news: Good that there is someone (even the grandmaster of Linux audio) taking care of the darker corners, this will improve real-life user experience.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

God bless SUSE developers.

Comment

Now AMD needs to do the final wiring. Kinda necessary given Ryzen+Vega powered laptops are on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
                Now AMD needs to do the final wiring. Kinda necessary given Ryzen+Vega powered laptops are on the way.
                There has been AMD Ryzen laptops with an integrated Vega iGPU for a while so i guess you mean laptops with an Vega dGPU.
                I haven't seen anything about that so i would be pleased if you shared any information on that.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
                  God bless SUSE developers.
                  Yes, and in particular, Takashi Iwai.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    Linus does quite whatever he feels like at the very moment with the kernel version numbers. I prefer the classic model that versions follow achieved features. On the other hand, the kernel is somewhat different from normal software so ... but I wouldn't bet on 4.20 = 5.0. (You can see some large numbers at 3.2, 4.4. or 4.9 patchlevels by now.) I guess we'll see in some time.

On the news: Good that there is someone (even the grandmaster of Linux audio) taking care of the darker corners, this will improve real-life user experience.
                    Nice try everyone, but Linux kernel 4.20 is happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X