Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon Software for Linux 18.10 Brings Vulkan 1.1, Ubuntu 16.04.4 / SLE 12 SP3 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Unrelated, but how is https://mesamatrix.net/ coming along for vulkan? :-)
    I don't think I'm the correct person to answer that question

Plus AMD only officially supports AMDVLK (on github) and the PRO Vulkan (contains Propriety code), which are not a part of Mesa. Note these are both included in the 18.10 package, which advertises Vulkan 1.1.

With that said, if the ANV/RADV dev's added a tracker for supported features in mesa similar to how opengl is done, Creak, who I believe maintains the mesamatrix code, could add some logic to show that.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I just checked, and it only supports 4.13 but at least there is RT for 4.13
      As I said, it possibly works on later kernels, but the official support for the any given driver is based on the supported distro versions, as those are tested/QA-ed internally.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
        Unrelated, but how is https://mesamatrix.net/ coming along for vulkan? :-)
        Not sure if it's going to be added to GL3.txt however I strongly believe that as Vulkan is actually the next big thing its support in mesa should somehow be fetched and listed for mesamatrix.

You could also keep an eye on https://vulkan.gpuinfo.org/

Comment

"most people this is more than enough now that RadeonSI and RADV" Amdgpu-pro is s for pro apps .No driver support for Autodesk maya and sidefx houdini... for 2 years and counting.

Comment

Enough complicated installation for headless OpenCL under Ubuntu: requires manual installation of the amdgpu-dkms opencl-amdgpu packages :P

Comment

Originally posted by matszpk View Post
              Enough complicated installation for headless OpenCL under Ubuntu: requires manual installation of the amdgpu-dkms opencl-amdgpu packages :P
              And does VEGA OpenCL work without PCI-e atomics? Did you check it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

I don't think I'm the correct person to answer that question

[...] Creak, who I believe maintains the mesamatrix code, could add some logic to show that.
                Whoops, Creak indeed! Sorry for the confusion

Comment

Does ./amdgpu-install --headless --opencl=legacy,pal not work for you?

EDIT: Note that I'm not sure if the dkms package is needed for this. I believe legacy and PAL are non-kfd, thus require no kernel module. With that said YMMV, I am not an openCL developer.
                  Last edited by Mystro256; 30 April 2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uentity View Post

And does VEGA OpenCL work without PCI-e atomics? Did you check it?
                    Yes, I confirm. I ran memtestCL on VEGA on this driver and clinfo reports AMD-APP platform. I was testing under freshly installed Ubuntu 16.04.4.

Comment

Yes, I confirm. I ran memtestCL on VEGA on this driver and clinfo reports AMD-APP platform. I was testing under freshly installed Ubuntu 16.04.4.
                      OMG, finally! At least AMD implemented what they promised, so I can just bless them this time :-) Will update myself tomorrow..

BTW, does VEGA work via ROCm or legacy stack?

Comment

Working...
                      X