AMDGPU 18.0 X.Org Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Not surprised when some people can not read video description and comments.
    I still couldn't spot anything interesting there beside -0 °C

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
      Seems like it just loses information? Major version == binary incompatibility. Year-based == who knows?
      Right, so the only useful version for DDX to follow is X server ABI versioning

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        (needs X.Org Server 1.20 for GLAMOR acceleration support)
        I didn't get it, do you end up with software 2D if you build it against older X.Org, or that goes just for 30bit color support?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Too bad that xfce4-weather-plugin is not compatible with xfce 4.13. No more interesting minus temperatures for you in my videos. You are just jealous because where you live is no snow. But that does not stop you participating to winter Olympics.
          Where i live there is about 50 cm of snow right now, i am dinaric race but even that is not so white like snow nor colder than your -0°C

Comment

Just to continue off topic discussion, 0 is not positive nor negative, so you wouldn't be wrong if you write -0, because x assumes + , it is true for every number except 0, and since if something is universal rule, there should not be any exception, so if x=0, than it is +0, if -x=0, it is -0, some new math here (could be it is true, but as far as I know 0 is treated as neutral in math).

Comment

On topic: Thx AMD, for still caring so much about Xorg.
              If I have to choose between a glued together, but working desktop, and something new and shiny, but with "technical preview" character, I choose the former.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                I do wish more software went with a year based major version number! It just makes life easier.
                I wish opensuse board members would stop drinking too.

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
                  I didn't get it, do you end up with software 2D if you build it against older X.Org, or that goes just for 30bit color support?
                  Only for the later.
                  The former would mean a bad regression.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Only for the later.
                    The former would mean a bad regression.
                    Well, I just ended up with a big regression in 18.04. I successively got amdgpudrmbf then llvmpipe as software renderer with DRI out. I had to revert back from Padoka (stable or not) to stock then to oibaf and even to install libegl-mesa0 for 3D rendering to be back.

That and gdm being half broken, or surround sound crackling after a few days of uptime as pulseaudio is not dealing well with dc (4.16-RC3), and gnome unable to handle screens properly (through AV receiver), 18.04 is a terrible mess 7 weeks prior release. Really losing time tinkering back to normal these days.
                    I hope AMD and Canonical have enough time to get their shit together, I have never seen anything quite like that at such a late stage into development.
                    Last edited by Mez'; 03 March 2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X