NVIDIA 375.26 Driver Rolls Out With Several Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omer666 View Post

Actually, official Optimus support already here, as it is the purpose of libglvnd, which is supported by Fedora 25. See more details here :

I agree that Open Source drivers would be preferable, but when they actually do something I think it is justice to say it loud.
    The Fedora solution simply sets `DRI_PRIME=1` which only works on the open source drivers as Nvidia does not and has not announced any plans to support Reverse PRIME. The official support they have requires restarting Xorg entirely to switch GPUs.

Comment

The patched drivers are out for the following reason:
      Security Bulletin: Multiple vulnerabilities in the NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgDdiEscape and a vulnerability in the Linux GPU Display Driver kernel mode layer (nvidia.ko)
      (Note: The vulnerability in the Linux driver is not that serious)

Comment

Originally posted by TingPing View Post

The Fedora solution simply sets `DRI_PRIME=1` which only works on the open source drivers as Nvidia does not and has not announced any plans to support Reverse PRIME. The official support they have requires restarting Xorg entirely to switch GPUs.
        In the post quoted they clearly state that their goal is to have nVidia binary drivers working with Mesa using libglvnd. I don't know if it's completed as I don't have an Optimus laptop, and nobody talks about it on the Web. But that's what was planned, and it should happen before long if it's not real yet.

Comment

Originally posted by omer666 View Post

In the post quoted they clearly state that their goal is to have nVidia binary drivers working with Mesa using libglvnd. I don't know if it's completed as I don't have an Optimus laptop, and nobody talks about it on the Web. But that's what was planned, and it should happen before long if it's not real yet.
          libglvnd allows both drivers to be installed at the same time which is great but it does not have anything to do with implementing Reverse PRIME. On laptops I think Nvidia supports this situation better but I only have a desktop card.

Comment

Re-compiling my laptop for part II of Xorg-Server 1.19 and kernel 4.9.0... Fingers crossed that this version is less broken than 375.20...

Thankfully Gentoo users are able to choose which versions of packages and what package options (e.g. kms) they want to use... A feature lacking from other distributions I gather...

Comment

Argh, arch repos don't have xorg 1.19 yet.

Comment

I also had some stability issues with .20, and i hope this FINALLY fixes my "EFI framebuffers". i have not been able to go into my TTYs for ages now. First to download the ALX WOL patch for 4.9 which they still havent fixed and probably never will :/

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  What about proper Optimus support? Sorry Nvidia, but f....k you!
                  Optimus is working for me on Asus UX303UB since 375.20. On Gentoo you have to use properly crafted xorg.conf file.

Comment

Until now works stable in various games using wine and native too

Comment

my TTYs still dont have consoles... not sure what the issue is. EFI fb, nvidia or systemd(seems to be spawning ttys just fine).

Comment

Working...
                      X