NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 950 Is A $150+ Bargain For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitroflow View Post

There are several GTX 750 ti's arround with single slot design but most will have a double slot heatsink footprint. Then there's the Galaxy GTX 750 ti Razor.

EDIT: Take a look at this case in development http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/
    Or you can go for the Milo cases (I think ML07 is the Raven RVZ1 in a different shell).

But they are still too large. You cannot reduce the VOLUME. You can adapt the dimensions, but you have to keep the volume somehow.

This is the main reason I am looking for an APU (current Kaveri however lacks something). Small but capable system I can mount behind the TV.

Comment

Would it be possible to include another program in the compute benchmarking? I would be really curious to see gromacs (www.gromacs.org) performance for both, GPU's and CPU's. It's one of the fastest and most widely used molecular dynamics simulation software and the developers are quick to make use of the new architectural features like AVX2 or GPU acceleration.

Comment

Not a worthy successor of the GTX750 Ti, was hoping for more . The GTX 950 is faster - yes, but at the same time: increased board dimensions, increased power draw both in Idle mode and under Load. And less FPS per Watt than the GTX750 Ti.

Comment

Then buy the GTX 960, it is the same chip anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X