Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

Sorry, but it seems that You are misinformed:
    The 750 Ti is a special breed, since it is actually a Maxwell card, not a Kepler like the rest of the 700 series!
    So I think that it's perfectly reasonable to expect at least some of the Maxwell-exclusive new OpenGL extensions to be supported under the 750 Ti, too...
    Okay, if you want to split hairs. The 750ti is a GM10x series "first gen" maxwell. The 900 series cards are all GM20X series "2nd gen" Maxwells. So, they're similar, but not the same. They support different CUDA versions and the GM20x series have additional features.

Like I said, those cards are now 2+ years old and for a new technology that's really only for developers initially I really don't see the problem with this. By the time it's actually usable in an end product and games / drivers, etc... work with it as a more mainstream option I'm guessing your card will be 4+ years old.

Is it something to bitch about? Sure. Is it something that warrants a "I'll never by nVidia again" level of hatred? No, not in my opinion.

Comment

Just to clarify... the 750 Ti will get Vulkan support along with the other cards. It was just a matter of the latest "official" OpenGL extensions announced today not all being available for the 750 Ti, which is almost certainly because the hardware lacks the capability that those extensions expose.

Comment

Using this driver with wine performance stay very similar to 355.06

However needs more test

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post

Yes, I'm being serious. Is there anything that makes you think I'm kidding?
          WHAT!? I cannot install Shadow of Mordor with my floppy drive!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU NVIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X