Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshi314
    replied
    i always considered their proprietary linux drivers as very good. what's going on here?

on second thought, any driver compared to ati's fglrx will shine ;-)

looks like new gfx cards bring only trouble for linux users.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    At least it is very easy to switch between drivers. There are several with 2.6.24 support and if needed there is an official 2.6.25 patch.

Leave a comment:

• Moustacha
    replied
    I found this release improved 2d speed on my computer. the previous beta was crapola. FF lagged considerably when closing tabs. This version not so much.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
    does this driver carry big performance git on 8800gt for example?
    Too little of a delta to accurately say that there is a performance increase. Maybe a 1- 2% spread that can be easily dismissed as regular benchmark variance that can occur even benching the same driver twice with the same benchmarks.

Leave a comment:

• wind
    replied
    On the Quadro NVS285 and NVS290 the 2D performance with this driver is also disastrous. We already went back to 171.06.

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    does this driver carry big performance git on 8800gt for example?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by _txf_ View Post
    2d has always been slow since using mobile G8x parts. However this driver release has some really bad performance regressions related to 2d and 3d.

for me this driver is unusable... I wonder what the point is of releasing a driver like this at all.
    Well it works fine for the large majority of users and it offers 2.6.25 support. I have a feeling it will be a short lived beta with 2.6.25 going gold this upcoming week.

Leave a comment:

• _txf_
    replied
    bad regressions

2d has always been slow since using mobile G8x parts. However this driver release has some really bad performance regressions related to 2d and 3d.

for me this driver is unusable... I wonder what the point is of releasing a driver like this at all.

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    im actually impressed by how well gma x3100 works.. and intel is saying x4500 coming in Q2 08 (aka soon probably) will be 3 times as fast.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    It seems some laptop chips have problem with Nvidia drivers, not sure why beryl makes em unstable. 169.12 works at least with "standard" games pretty well. Maybe the best choise would be Intel gfx if you only want beryl/compiz and not much more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X