No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Is "Taking Linux Gaming Serious"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're talking about different things -- IsacDaavid is talking about the microcode images loaded into the GPU at power-up, while BlackStar is talking about the AtomBIOS tables in the VBIOS.
    Test signature

Comment

What I want from Nvidia? Simple.

All the same features they have on windows, in an open source implementation on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        I would say Physx and Optimus support would be needed before more resolution support in Shadowplay capture. 1080p is just fine for most of the systems out there and 4k won't become common for quite a few years yet.
        Record that 16:9 video on a 5:4 monitor of any directx 7 game and get back to us about how wonderful it is for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          Record that 16:9 video on a 5:4 monitor of any directx 7 game and get back to us about how wonderful it is for everyone.
          AFAIK DX 7 titles are not listed as being supported by Shadowplay in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            Commander Keen?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
              Came here to chime in that I want Shadowplay and Experience too. Now only if Razer took Linux as seriously... (you guys only got my money because you made a left-handed mouse...)
              I am not the only one! XD

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                Commander Keen?
                Wasteland and anything that isn't directx 9c+. Shadowplay is useless as is.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                  Be pragmatic. Not everything needs to be open source. Feature parity would be enough.
                  Don't waste your time with that person.

And to those wanting SLI, the binary driver has been known to offer it. Just...not that easy to configure and set up.

Comment

First of all optimus support and then everything else.

The first thing we need is NVIDIA Optimus support for linux. Most of the notebooks have two cards, one intel and one nvidia. Intel stops supporting there own GPUs after 2 years and this is why i don't want to buy a notebook with just one GPU, but under linux using the nvidia GPU is a bit complicated, beacuse i have to use bumblebee, and of course, my hdmi output doesn't work, beacuse it is wired to the nvidia gpu. In those systems, where switching from a card to another in the bios not available, can experience some heating issues, bacause the gpu always powered.

Comment

Originally posted by kisssandoradam View Post
                      The first thing we need is NVIDIA Optimus support for linux. Most of the notebooks have two cards, one intel and one nvidia. Intel stops supporting there own GPUs after 2 years and this is why i don't want to buy a notebook with just one GPU, but under linux using the nvidia GPU is a bit complicated, beacuse i have to use bumblebee, and of course, my hdmi output doesn't work, beacuse it is wired to the nvidia gpu. In those systems, where switching from a card to another in the bios not available, can experience some heating issues, bacause the gpu always powered.
                      We have a start with optimus support with Nvidia-prime

Comment

Working...
                      X