NVIDIA 550.54.14 Release Brings R550 Series Linux Driver To Stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 550.54.14 Release Brings R550 Series Linux Driver To Stable

Phoronix: NVIDIA 550.54.14 Release Brings R550 Series Linux Driver To Stable

NVIDIA today released their 550.54.14 driver, which is their first production-ready/stable driver version in the R550 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been told VRR LFC still doesn't work correctly, i.e. it likely still often just runs with the VRR range minimum instead of doing frame doubling and switching to an ideal refresh rate...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      I've been told VRR LFC still doesn't work correctly, i.e. it likely still often just runs with the VRR range minimum instead of doing frame doubling and switching to an ideal refresh rate...
      I was told it kills kittens. Was there a question in there?

Comment

hope this fixes Ue4 and Ue5 demos, they break too much times every release, also Valve should sponser this small indie GPU company to atleast test all Steam Deck Verified games . is new Nvidia App coming to Linux ? I always loved Nvidia due to great innovations but even Qualcomm new X Elite chip has better linux support

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Yes, forums are only about asking questions. Makes sense.

Comment

This driver fixes incompatibility with recent kernels (including stable) as it no longer uses the GPL only symbol pfn_valid().

Nice!

NVIDIA has also updated the 470th branch for older GPUs.
            Last edited by avis; 23 February 2024, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
              Funny they still haven't fixed that. One of the reasons I finally switched and use as years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                Killing kittens is kind of a step up for nVidia.

Comment

Huge proprietary buggy blob from crap company. Thanks, but no.

Comment

Volta

Your opinion is very important for us. Please don't restrain yourself, say something insightful. We've not heard enough of NVIDIA hate.

Meanwhile Linux users who already have NVIDIA GPUs (you're not going to sponsor all of them to switch to AMD/Intel, right? and it's not like AMD/Intel even compete with NVIDIA) will continue to enjoy this proprietary crap. It actually is quite decent. For instance I've had fewer issues with NVIDIA than I had with open source AMD drivers.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
                    X