NVIDIA 545.29.06 Linux Driver Released With Source 2 Engine Fix On XWayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 545.29.06 Linux Driver Released With Source 2 Engine Fix On XWayland

Phoronix: NVIDIA 545.29.06 Linux Driver Released With Source 2 Engine Fix On XWayland

Ahead of the US Thanksgiving holiday extended weekend, NVIDIA Linux engineers published their 545.29.06 Linux driver as the latest bug-fix release in the R545 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This final release integrates the 545.29.02 improvements?
    Last edited by MorrisS.; 22 November 2023, 03:35 PM.

Comment

XWayland should have been named WaylandX

Comment

Originally posted by Siuoq View Post
        XWayland should have been named WaylandX
        Why? It's X on Wayland so XWayland is pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
          Why? It's X on Wayland so XWayland is pretty accurate.
          And it fits better (IMHO) as a reflection to its relation to Xorg (or is it XOrg - and on that note is is Xwayland or XWayland!! - it really doesn't matter, I have seen it used both ways by people highly involved ) But yeah, X first makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            This final release integrate the 545.29.02 improvements?
            Yes. Why would you even ask that? ... 545.29.02 was already a release driver and not a beta. And all newer versions of a major release (i.e. 545.xx.yy) always include the features and fixes of previous versions of it, unless something was specifically reverted, in which case it will say so in the release notes.

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post

And it fits better (IMHO) as a reflection to its relation to Xorg (or is it XOrg - and on that note is is Xwayland or XWayland!! - it really doesn't matter, I have seen it used both ways by people highly involved ) But yeah, X first makes perfect sense to me.
              You also have XQuartz and Xming

Cygwin/X is odd though.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

You also have XQuartz and Xming

Cygwin/X is odd though.
                ...and Xnest and Xvfb and XDarwin and many others past and present. "X[name]" is the de facto standard convention for naming an X server implementation of the XFree86 lineage... especially if it lives in the Xorg repositories. See also Xsgi and Xsun and Xapollo.
                Last edited by ssokolow; 22 November 2023, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  Yes. Why would you even ask that? ... 545.29.02 was already a release driver and not a beta. And all newer versions of a major release (i.e. 545.xx.yy) always include the features and fixes of previous versions of it, unless something was specifically reverted, in which case it will say so in the release notes.
                  Because on my Nvidia driver page that release is stated as 545.29.02 new feature branch, if not why I ask? The 545.29.06 doesn't list anything about the features in 02 release, so I asked about it.
                  Last edited by MorrisS.; 22 November 2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

Because on my Nvidia driver page that release is stated as 545.29.02 new feature branch, if not why I ask? The 545.29.06 doesn't list anything about the features in 02 release, so I asked about it.
                    They call it Release Highlights for a reason. They do not want to give us the full list of changes, nor do they want to list all highlights for a small change in the driver number. You do not really believe Nvidia introduces a new feature branch with many new features, to then drop all of these new features and just to fix three minor issues, do you?

Comment

Working...
                    X