NVIDIA 535.104.05 Fixes An Issue Using The Open Kernel Driver With SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 535.104.05 Fixes An Issue Using The Open Kernel Driver With SLI

Phoronix: NVIDIA 535.104.05 Fixes An Issue Using The Open Kernel Driver With SLI

While we are waiting on NVIDIA to roll out a beta of their next post-R535 Linux driver release stream, available today is the NVIDIA 535.104.05 Linux driver as their latest in this production driver branch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Changelog is wrong, it's from 535.98.

Same issue as when 535.98 released, they've copy/pasted the changelog from the previous driver....again.

Comment

Well, I hope this fixes my "NVIDIA kernel module missing. Falling back to nouveau" issue that I've been facing with Fedora 38 for the past few weeks

Comment

How do u even use this driver in the first place?

Comment

I didn't think that SLI was even supported on Linux. Is it? I'm pretty sure that Crossfire for AMD cards has never been implemented on Linux, although I still wish it was, just to play around with it using older cards.

Comment

What’s wrong with providing these official semi drivers in distros if they allow to use Ngreedia GPU with full potential ?
            As I understand the driver logic code is embedded in the GPU as closed source and this is just a code that allows to access it ?

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post
              I didn't think that SLI was even supported on Linux. Is it? I'm pretty sure that Crossfire for AMD cards has never been implemented on Linux, although I still wish it was, just to play around with it using older cards.
              AFAIK, crossfire was implemented in older fglrx drivers, but it required some support on app side, and there was no software that supported crossfire on linux

Comment

When can we use this on Ubuntu 22.04?

Comment

Awesome to hear. I actually have 2 3090s in sli.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
                    When can we use this on Ubuntu 22.04?
                    Around the time we stop having people using Ubuntu and wondering why they're stuck with outdated packages

Comment

Working...
                    X