NVIDIA Ships Vulkan Driver Beta With Fragment Shading Rate Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Ships Vulkan Driver Beta With Fragment Shading Rate Control

Phoronix: NVIDIA Ships Vulkan Driver Beta With Fragment Shading Rate Control

This week's Vulkan 1.2.158 spec release brought the fragment shading rate extension to control the rate at which fragments are shaded on a per-draw, per-primitive, or per-region basis. This can be useful similar to OpenGL and Direct3D support for helping to allow different, less important areas of the screen be shaded less than areas requiring greater detail/focus...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sometime, I check release version supported in my system by vulkaninfo command where I get three different kind of information:
    1. Instance Version: 1.2.131
    2. apiVersion = 4202629 (1.2.133)
    3. conformanceVersion = 1.2.2.0
    Which are the meanings of these different pieces of vulkan information?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      Sometime, I check release version supported in my system by vulkaninfo command where I get three different kind of information:
      1. Instance Version: 1.2.131
      2. apiVersion = 4202629 (1.2.133)
      3. conformanceVersion = 1.2.2.0
      Which are the meanings of these different pieces of vulkan information?
      Just different things and each have a version number. Not really going to do anything for you. You're main concern for version is to simply be on the latest driver release or not.

conformanceVersion for example is just the Vulkan Conformance Test suite version number that was used: https://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters
      Last edited by ix900; 21 October 2020, 11:11 AM. Reason: changed link

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post

Just different things and each have a version number. Not really going to do anything for you. You're main concern for version is to simply be on the latest driver release or not.

conformanceVersion for example is just the Vulkan Conformance Test suite version number that was used: https://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters
        Ok, thanks. Which information does indicate the vulkan version supported by my graphical card among them?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

Ok, thanks. Which information does indicate the vulkan version supported by my graphical card among them?
          instance version is the version of the vulkan library you have on the system, apiVersion is the highest vulkan version the gfx driver supports.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post

instance version is the version of the vulkan library you have on the system, apiVersion is the highest vulkan version the gfx driver supports.
            Many thanks. It seems that my videocard cannot take any benefit from the latest release of Vulkan.
            Last edited by Azrael5; 23 October 2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post

What do you mean about 2on the system2 and "gfx driver support"?

Comment

Working...
              X