X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    No, you just sense your own. I'm shaking my head at all your crap talk here.

Take this Volta idiot. He writes I'm more stupid than "I look" as if he could see people's faces. He's a dumb parrot who copies phrases and doesn't even get their context. With people as dumb as him is there no point talking. They're just good for laughing.
    What's funny there's neither sense nor logic in your bullshit. If I saw your stupid face I would probably vomit. I'll be laughing when nvidia will be forced to go AMD's way. I hope you won't hide in some cave after this.
    Last edited by Volta; 18 October 2020, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

I have been using Windows with Linux for 20 years and generally hardware support was better on Windows. The only area where Linux surpasses Windows is modern Linux distros supporting ancient hardware.
    Too bad you didn't have logitech wireless gamepad. It was nearly impossible to make it work in crap like WIndows 7. It works out of the box in Linux.

The only thing thats trash here is the content of your posts. Please post this crap elsewhere, directly insulting people is incredibly immature.
    Tell this to those two freaks blind man.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

Are you OK? Why are you and open source fans so full of hatred, bigotry and disdain? Maybe I know the answer: it's so easy to hate and leave salty comments, than to do something valuable. Most comments in this thread are: "NVIDIA is bad, I hate NVIDIA, NVIDIA are scammers and parasites", they are painful and disgusting to read as if the company has killed all the members of your family, taken your job, all your money and possesions.

Inclusivity has been all the rage recently, however belligerent Open Source fans do everything to exclude as many people and companies from Open Source as possible. That's just sad.
    The king of idiots and hypocrites have spoken. Hates Linux, GPL, Open Source, have problems whith developers who decided to use GPL to protect their work and see nothing bad in nvidia or other crap companies doing worse - unlike GPL licensed software nvidia is exclusive to everyone. However, the king of morons repeats same bullshit all the time.
    Last edited by Volta; 18 October 2020, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by muncrief View Post
    I bought a cheap Nvidia card some years ago, a GT 710, because I just needed something to run a Windows 10 VM I use for music software that doesn't have a Linux equivalent.

And to make a long story short, I was shocked when it didn't work because Nvidia is such a lowlife corporation that they attempt to make even home users buy an expensive card, and pay a licensing fee, simply to run a personal VM.

I spent quite a bit of time figuring out a work around, but then was shocked again as Nvidia continually worked to assure that home users couldn't use their cards on a VM.

So I just put the ridiculous GT 710 in a drawer and spent a little more for a low end AMD card that worked beautifully, and didn't attempt to financially rape me every time I booted my VM.
    Can we just replace this comment with "I hate NVIDIA for trying to earn money"? And, no, 99.9% of users out there don't use virtualization in any shape or form - you're not a home user. I'm glad AMD still allows to use their GPUs in a virtual environment however for some reasons most supercomputers of the world with GPUs are based on NVIDIA. AMD fans and open source fans have something in common: they love to get stuff for free/very cheaply. I just don't understand how companies are expected to survive in this case.

And the ridiculous GT 710 cost you what, $50? Maybe even $80? And you're so full of crap because of that? You couldn't even sell it? Use in another PC? NVIDIA really robbed you off? And after that you're calling them, "a lowlife corporation"? Did they even promise you this GPU could be used in such a sitation? You couldn't Google in advance before purchasing it? Ask in forums?

Are you OK? Why are you and open source fans so full of hatred, bigotry and disdain? Maybe I know the answer: it's so easy to hate and leave salty comments, than to do something valuable. Most comments in this thread are: "NVIDIA is bad, I hate NVIDIA, NVIDIA are scammers and parasites", they are painful and disgusting to read as if the company has killed all the members of your family, taken your job, all your money and possesions.

Inclusivity has been all the rage recently, however belligerent Open Source fans do everything to exclude as many people and companies from Open Source as possible. That's just sad.
    Last edited by birdie; 18 October 2020, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by cjcox View Post
    sdack I sense your frustration.
    No, you just sense your own. I'm shaking my head at all your crap talk here.

Take this Volta idiot. He writes I'm more stupid than "I look" as if he could see people's faces. He's a dumb parrot who copies phrases and doesn't even get their context. With people as dumb as him is there no point talking. They're just good for laughing.

Leave a comment:

• mdedetrich
    replied
    Originally posted by abott View Post

Did you even use Windows before? I have a vast number of more devices that are fucked on Windows than on Linux. In fact, outside of seriously niche parallel port garbage, I have ONLY devices that are fucked on Windows. Linux literally works on every single thing I've ever tried, which was some exotic and shitty Chinese shit. Most of which didn't even have a whisper of functionality on Windows.
    I have been using Windows with Linux for 20 years and generally hardware support was better on Windows. The only area where Linux surpasses Windows is modern Linux distros supporting ancient hardware.

This is unsurprising considering that companies for hardware primarily supported Windows and Linux had to manually figure out things for themselves.

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Too bad you're more stupid than you look. How many of the major operating systems from those 'non-militant' licenses are competitive? NONE. GPL is the best thing that happened in software. While you're not realizing the fact it's proprietary trash companies trying to dictate others what they can or not it makes you number 2 imbecile in this forum. What a pathetic trash with a mentality of thief. Times will be better when morons like you will die.
    The only thing thats trash here is the content of your posts. Please post this crap elsewhere, directly insulting people is incredibly immature.
    Last edited by mdedetrich; 18 October 2020, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• abott
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post

say what? when was hardware support one of linux superpowers? there are sooooooooooooooooooooooo many devices that still not work and will probably never work on linux and a lot that has very poor implementation
    Did you even use Windows before? I have a vast number of more devices that are fucked on Windows than on Linux. In fact, outside of seriously niche parallel port garbage, I have ONLY devices that are fucked on Windows. Linux literally works on every single thing I've ever tried, which was some exotic and shitty Chinese shit. Most of which didn't even have a whisper of functionality on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• abott
    replied
    Originally posted by ix900 View Post

Angry much? lol. Typical anti-closed source hater. All sound the same. Blah blah blah.

Chill. Stop making Linux users look angry.
    I'm not angry, I'm not dumb enough to get fucked by closed source bullshit.

Do you not know what forum you're on? Are you lost or just dumb?

Leave a comment:

• mdedetrich
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

You know that both can be true, don't you. It's obviously all about what you do. If you mainly play games, their compatibility with NVIDIA is most often better, that's for sure. If, on the other hand, you have a laptop or you run Wayland, then using NVIDIA is like voluntarily getting extra heavy balls and chains to run a sprint race. Across a minefield.
    I have an Nvidia laptop running prime with blob + X11 and have no issues

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    But you seem a bit smarter than the rest of these morons, so I say this, there is more than just the GPL. There are many more free licenses with a non-militant stance such as the Apache License, which allow for more freedom. Maybe you'll get it and understand why I think the GPL is a sad license and that it has better ones, but the morons won't. They're fucked in the head and cannot be fixed. In short, one simply cannot expect to dictate what others should and shouldn't do, when one doesn't want it for oneself. Only idiots do. The GPL sadly is a license written by such an idiot. The GPL was a knee-jerk response by tree-hugging communist hippies who are mentally still living in the 70's, trying to fight the closed source monopoly of capitalism. We're living in better times now and need to move on from either shit. There is room for all of it and not just one or the other.
    Too bad you're more stupid than you look. How many of the major operating systems from those 'non-militant' licenses are competitive? NONE. GPL is the best thing that happened in software. While you're not realizing the fact it's proprietary trash companies trying to dictate others what they can or not it makes you number 2 imbecile in this forum. What a pathetic trash with a mentality of thief. Times will be better when morons like you will die.
    Last edited by Volta; 18 October 2020, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X