Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 Series Launches With Impressive Specs, Competitive Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Did you notice the prices were not in dollars? Assuming you are not just lying, you are in the USA while I'm not.
    I'm in EU (one of the richer countries, not some backwater place full of poor people)
    So am I, one of those countries where you pay more than anyone on earth for no reason (ok, I think people on islands pay more than Europeans, but that's all)
    and used 1080ti can be found on ebay from all EU countries for 450 euro (used) or anywhere for around 600-650 euro (new), with a 699$ launch price, 2080ti for 550 euro (used), for 1200 euro if new, with 1199$ launch price, and so on and so forth.

So no I don't see the 1080ti for "200 bucks". That's why I'm angry.
    Wait a few weeks, right now people selling it are still trying to get the max they can get from it, since the 30x0 series is still not available, but in a few week it WILL drop (and yes, those price were in $, but if you have a look _right now_ there is on ebay rtx2080 for 440€ in France, 430€ in Germany,...), if 3070 is available in quantity, most of those will fall (if not, I really don't get how people are thinking)

Which includes NVIDIA older cards too.
    If all newer NVIDIA cards keep costing more and more each generation the older gens don't need to drop their current price to be cheaper, so they are not competing with each other. This is a big brain move from NVIDIA.
    Here, I don't get what you mean, I have the feeling the new prices are not over the last series. I think the 2080 launch price was 700 ($/€), so, the same and the 3090 is the Titan equivalent, at half the price (or, if not half, way less, even if it is still high, but we are talking about card not design for gamer here)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Increasing prices? Really?
      for older cards they did, and the chart shows that. (especially for the ti versions) Nice how they didn't put the RTX 2080 at 799$ price range, and put the bullshit "Super" versions instead.

Let's see how the actual prices go this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

This is traditionally why AMD always attacked the mid range GPU's. Unfortunately the gap is now getting a lot smaller thanks to NVidia releasing techniques like DLSS which allows mid tier (or slightly higher than mid tier depending on your definition) graphics card compete with what was traditionally reserved for titan level cards.
        No, traditionally AMD competes at the high-end. But at some point they thought going smaller dies and building multi-chip high-end solutions was a good idea. It all went to crap from there. All sorts of architectures that didn't scale, presented as "but the mid-range is where the $$$ is". Which you can tell is blatantly false, because AMD's mid-range cards are not typically cheaper than Nvidia's because designing for the mid-range is somehow cheaper.
        I'm not suggesting AMD compete with 2080Ti or 3090 (those are oddities that are better best forgotten, imho), but they do need answers to the likes of 2080 Super and now 3080.

Comment

for older cards they did, and the chart shows that. (especially for the ti versions) Nice how they didn't put the RTX 2080 at 799$ price range, and put the bullshit "Super" versions instead.

Let's see how the actual prices go this time.
          I see, you like to look at stickers. I look at that chart and all I see is more perf for the same $$$.
          I wouldn't mind lower prices, but, as already demonstrated, the price increase over the past decade or so is minimal, once you factor inflation into equation.
          Also, yes, we do get some "good" deals in EU It's the price of "free" healthcare and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

No, traditionally AMD competes at the high-end. But at some point they thought going smaller dies and building multi-chip high-end solutions was a good idea. It all went to crap from there. All sorts of architectures that didn't scale, presented as "but the mid-range is where the $$$ is". Which you can tell is blatantly false, because AMD's mid-range cards are not typically cheaper than Nvidia's because designing for the mid-range is somehow cheaper.
            I'm not suggesting AMD compete with 2080Ti or 3090 (those are oddities that are better best forgotten, imho), but they do need answers to the likes of 2080 Super and now 3080.
            I think this boils down to what your definition of mid range is

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

I think this boils down to what your definition of mid range is
              It really doesn't. You can define mid-range as you wish*, it's been rare for AMD to have a proper answer for Nvidia's top tier (xx80) in the last 5 years or so.

*my mid-range is $200-350. I used to cap that at $300, but inflation...

Comment

Originally posted by Random_Jerk View Post
                AMD still can't fix simple reset bugs in their GPU's and as a VFIO GPU Passthrough user, Nvidia is the only option for me to use in my guests
                I thought that was fixed year(s) ago..., it doesn't change the fact that if you want to pass green GPU to the VM, you are obstructed by vendor itself..., with famous code 4something.

Either way, only Intel does it right on that sphere (and I am no fan of Intel, let me be clear about that), but they do not have vested interest in it, Intel supports SR-IOV on integrated solutions on mainstream products, while for both AMD and nvidia you need to pay arm and leg for pro products to do that.

Comment

Now, this is funny, sad .... and true

Nvidia Engineer talks about the RTX 3070 and RTX 2080 Ti
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    Nvidia usually does make a good product.
                    in my book good product has drivers

Comment

Originally posted by xcom View Post
                      On my side I don't really need AI in my GPU, or vendor locked-in ray-tracing, I just need good open source Vulkan drivers, low TDP, and high performance for 1080p/60 fps gaming. AMD still looks better in these criteria.
                      amd is better even with 1080p/240 fps gaming

Comment

Working...
                      X