NVIDIA 390.25 Linux Driver Released With GTX 1060 5GB & Quadro P620 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Afaik for big EU countries it's like that. Energy production is subsidized. Apart from the obvious case of France with nuclear, you can see here Germany with coal/oil/gas. https://www.odi.org/sites/odi.org.uk...files/9954.pdf

I don't think this translates to being unreliable, but I'm unsure of what he meant.
    Sorry, I should've been more clear, I meant the reliability part. Just sounded like one of those claims that 'Murica is the best'

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      All heat that is generated in your living spaces, saves heating costs. When my kids says that their room feels cold, I say: play computer games. This works very well in a low energy house.
      I had an interior office, once. When I would be working overnight and the heat was off, I could close my door and turn on my office mate's PC + CRT monitor. Our two computers were enough to warm the room, over a couple hours.

As for home heating, fossil fuels are often a much more cost-effective option, due to poor efficiency of electric power generation and transmission. It's only if your electricity is subsidized by someone paying for the compute power that it would typically be cheaper. Michael effectively did something similar, by heating his house with his servers (with subscribers and advertisers subsidizing that heat).

Comment

Hi everyone !
        For some reason, it see a huge performance DROP on the DESKTOP under both GNOME & KDE (Neon, Manjaro & Ubuntu) when using the 390.x drivers. Some animations are jerkier. For instance, when Gnome Shell appears, it's smooth with the former drivers and very laggy with the new ones. Under KDE, windows animations tend to lag as well. Any idea ?
        GTX 1060 GTX. Games are way faster though ; like 20 more FPS in TR, F1 2017...

(windows animations are constantly butter smooth under KDE and GNOME with very slow intel hd....)

Edit : it's un-understandable. I switched to version 384.x then back to 390.x and now the desktop is correctly smooth again (and the 20 FPS gain in games is not here anymore)
        Last edited by torturedutopian; 22 February 2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X