Running OpenCL With Intel UHD Graphics On Coffeelake Under Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running OpenCL With Intel UHD Graphics On Coffeelake Under Ubuntu Linux

Phoronix: Running OpenCL With Intel UHD Graphics On Coffeelake Under Ubuntu Linux

After running some basic OpenCL/Vulkan UHD Graphics tests yesterday using the brand new Core i7 8700K "Coffee Lake" processor, I next ventured into OpenCL computing with the UHD Graphics using Intel's open-source Beignet CL implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's what happens when you rush-release a CPU because you were caught off-guard by the competition.

Comment

it's the same vga into the 7th gen intel cpus. So it's very strange it is not coded yet.
      Last edited by Azrael5; 08 October 2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
        That's what happens when you rush-release a CPU because you were caught off-guard by the competition.
        My thoughts exactly. The fab team is working faster than the software teams. I would look for some errata to pop up on coffeelake in 3 or 4 months. The more you rush Intel, the more these pop up.

Comment

phoronix : What do I learn from reading this article? That the author thinks standalone numbers are meaningful. At least a comparison against the previous gen?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            it's the same vga into the gen 7th intel cpus. So it's very strange it is not coded yet.
            It's coded. It just lacks the cpu IDs.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

really miss 7267U CPU's, few laptops exist with it(gt3e), but havent seen coffelake(GT3e) version yet, any ETA on it?, seems coffelake is the worst series amoung intel core family
              Last edited by samdraz; 06 October 2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                It's coded. It just lacks the cpu IDs.
                Ok. But this is still the reason why:

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

My thoughts exactly. The fab team is working faster than the software teams. I would look for some errata to pop up on coffeelake in 3 or 4 months. The more you rush Intel, the more these pop up.
                  The fab team made some mistakes also. Both Kaby and Coffee CPU use the LGA1151 socket, and have the same notches, but the pin layout is different. Things aren't going well at Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
                    The fab team made some mistakes also. Both Kaby and Coffee CPU use the LGA1151 socket, and have the same notches, but the pin layout is different. Things aren't going well at Intel.
                    Meh, it's since Ivy bridge that their socket changes are obvious bullshit (I mean we go from 1155 to 1150 to 1151), it makes far more sense for them to just keep reusing the same hardware sockets and just change the pin layout for their usual shenanigans.

Comment

Working...
                    X