Intel Core i7 8700K Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Sorry grandpa, but that's more than a bit out of date. Apart from the Amish and people born in the developing world, pretty much everyone under 40 has been exposed to games for the their whole lives. As a result the average age of people who play games regularly is 35 and 72% are 18 or older.
    I've been also exposed to left liberals, but that does not make me one of them nor do I like them. The same with gaming. Many people actually use computers to develop software, manage different systems etc. Having fast workstation is important for running IDE-s or concept test systems with several virtual machines. iGPU does that job perfectly. Only thing to wish for is HDMI2 connectors on motherboards. Which, unfortunately is not the case with the most of the motherboards. Still.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

No it's definitely Intel's fault for releasing products into a market it isn't capable of performing well in. They do it consistently for years.
      Reminds me of the time duby229 confessed to sell discreet GPUs to his customers claiming that Intel GPUs weren't able to run Windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by veikok View Post

I've been also exposed to left liberals, but that does not make me one of them nor do I like them. The same with gaming. Many people actually use computers to develop software, manage different systems etc. Having fast workstation is important for running IDE-s or concept test systems with several virtual machines. iGPU does that job perfectly. Only thing to wish for is HDMI2 connectors on motherboards. Which, unfortunately is not the case with the most of the motherboards. Still.
        May blow your mind, but it is totally possible for people to develop software AND being a gamer. Just saying, my Ryzen 7 does both very fine.

Comment

@veikok

The "final" chipsets for Coffee Lake you should be able to get in January/February if you don't want to OC: H370, H310, B360. But the Z390 is delayed much longer to sell the Z370 before. This is certainly stupid as Z370 boards with HDMI 2.0a are rare and expensive. If you can use DP then there is certainly no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Reminds me of the time duby229 confessed to sell discreet GPUs to his customers claiming that Intel GPUs weren't able to run Windows 7.
            In actual fact it happened twice, once on XP's launchwith Luna and again on Vista's launch with Aero. MS got sued and lost both times for releasing their OS on hardware that wasn't capable of running the GUI smoothly. It should've been Intel who got sued though, because it was really their fault. At those times, they didn't -have- anything that -could- run those OS GUI interfaces comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
              We've been over this already. You are wrong.

Why this expectation? Who put it in people's heads? And why hasn't anything been done in all these years to correct it? MOAP? Yeah, no. I don't doubt Intel has been involved in lots of shady dealings, but you can't explain away the prevalence of a clearly false expectation (if it really exists as such, cos I could very well add another [citation needed] here) with just MOAP.

Yes, that's this entire discussion in a nutshell - your ass. (that's a low blow, I know. but you're clearly incapable of taking in new input and just continue to harp on the same points over and over, so I'm going to allow myself this low blow here...)
              I personally don't agree with you at all, but that doesn't matter in any case. Uneducated gamers are going to buy products with this APU not knowing that it's GPU is totally inadequate. Then when they get it home and get games running it, some will be fine, but the best of them will run terrible and they won't understand why. As has been the exact same case for the last 20 years. Intel will start caring about video gaming as soon as they get a CEO that was raised in a video gaming culture, as most Americans have been for the last 30 years. Because it's no doubt at all that, that person will know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway you're free to have your opinion.

Comment

Duby, Intel is relentless and uses every trick in the book to gain an upper hand. Everyone knows this.

One of those tactics was partnering with 'Windows Vista/7/8 Ready' marketing plan which, while it got them fines and hurt the Windows brand reputation, it kept both Microsoft and Intel on top.

But to claim that Intel CPUs are good on their own for gaming, no, I don't see that. I see a lot of people who don't understand computers and being pushed the ones with the most kickback, as in, the intel ones.

Comment

Originally posted by veikok View Post
                  You do realize you're comparing a set of ideologies to a form of entertainment? Right? It's like comparing libertarians to movies.

That cranky old person rant is like somebody complaining about how people listen to music on the radio when the suitable EM spectrum is much better used for amateur radio use. Obviously people use computers for development work just like they use them to play games, I do both, but the number of people who use computers to play games far outnumber those who use them for software development. I know this may be a hard thing for you to understand, but you're not the center of the universe so the universe will obviously not cater to your demands.

Comment

What is the lscpu result from this chip?

Does it support SHA extensions?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

In actual fact it happened twice, once on XP's launchwith Luna and again on Vista's launch with Aero. MS got sued and lost both times for releasing their OS on hardware that wasn't capable of running the GUI smoothly. It should've been Intel who got sued though, because it was really their fault. At those times, they didn't -have- anything that -could- run those OS GUI interfaces comfortably.
                      Laughable. You are a fraud and admitted to it, bt the others are at fault. Any chance that you vote Republican?

Comment

Working...
                      X