No announcement yet.

Intel Announces 8th Gen Core CPUs: Claims 40% Boost Over Gen 7, More Cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article TL;DR: Intel rebrands their IGPU and makes a new "generation" with the same stuff, their CPU performance increases by 40% for no explainable reason.

Did Trump take over Intel while I was not looking? That's grade A+ bullshit over there.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
      So hating Intel is not only extremely cool, but also the right thing to do!
      Wow. I'm so glad I'm not part of this discussion. WCCFTech AMD rabies disease has been steadily infecting all other forums. People no longer argue about the merits of products, they either hate or worship companies. The collective intelligence has taken quite a hit.

Last but not least, AMD hasn't done something extraordinary. They finally admitted that K10/Bulldozer was a complete failure and started afresh. And they are still 5-20% worse in terms of IPC. And ZEN doesn't natively support AVX 256 bit instructions.
      Last edited by birdie; 21 August 2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

great for small laptop and ultrabooks, a real quad core with only 15 w and tdp up to 25w if we need, I will wait to see how turbo works in this cpu

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          Wow. I'm so glad I'm not part of this discussion. WCCFTech AMD rabies disease has been steadily infecting all other forums. People no longer argue about the merits of products, they either hate or worship companies. The collective intelligence has taken quite a hit.

Last but not least, AMD hasn't done something extraordinary. They finally admitted that K10/Bulldozer was a complete failure and started afresh. And they are still 5-20% worse in terms of IPC. And ZEN doesn't natively support AVX 256 bit instructions.
          Yes, but everyone roots for the underdog. It makes them fell warm on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Article TL;DR: Intel rebrands their IGPU and makes a new "generation" with the same stuff, their CPU performance increases by 40% for no explainable reason.

Did Trump take over Intel while I was not looking? That's grade A+ bullshit over there.
            Sounds more like Obama's hope-n-change bullshit to me. We'll "change" the name to 8th gen, and you can "hope" it performs better.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              Sounds more like Obama's hope-n-change bullshit to me. We'll "change" the name to 8th gen, and you can "hope" it performs better.
              No, this is obvious off-the-goddamn-scale-bullshit. This is Trump territory.

Comment

Wow. I'm so glad I'm not part of this discussion. WCCFTech AMD rabies disease has been steadily infecting all other forums. People no longer argue about the merits of products, they either hate or worship companies.
                You must be new here, it has always been like that, in general. I mean just look at sports.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  No, this is obvious off-the-goddamn-scale-bullshit. This is Obama territory.
                  ^ fixed. Trump tells it like it is, keeps it real. With Obama and Hillary, it's all propaganda and lies. Pulling a 40% improvement out of thin air with no facts to back it up is Obama's modus operandi. All that's needed is a few celebrity endorsements and he'd call it "settled science". Lol

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                    ^ fixed. Trump tells it like it is, keeps it real.
                    And Trump responded: "I know words... I have the best words.", enlightening all of us.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

And ZEN doesn't natively support AVX 256 bit instructions.
                      Are you maybe thinking of Phenom ?

Zen can execute two AVX 256 instructions per clock AFAIK, with the exception of FMA where it is executes one AVX 256 per clock.
                      Last edited by bridgman; 21 August 2017, 05:33 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X