No announcement yet.

Intel Goes Ahead & Drops i915 Driver From OpenGL 2.1 To 1.4 By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma performance is also miserable because of this. Specially when you turned on the Folder View. So I tucked a R7 240 inside my resurrected Core 2 Duo (Allendale, G33) computer, and the problem was "solved" immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
      That's surprising. OpenGL 1.5 requires occlusion query support, which the hardware does not do. opengl.gpuinfo.org only shows a couple of OpenGL 1.5 implementations - XGI, a couple GeForce4s, and...surprisingly...a 965 (which should absolutely do GL 2.1). Can you point us at more details?
      I'm just looking at Wikipedias list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ird_generation

Comment

Meh, my Thinkpad T60's graphics were always a bit slow anyway. Can't even run Doom 3 at a decent framerate on 640x480 at minimum...and apparently, Doom 3 was probably using 2.0 extensions, so this might be a boon for that?

In that vein: GZDoom requires 2.0 or higher. Doomsday engine's site claims "1.4 or newer" in the requirements page, though I seriously doubt it.

Not that anybody gets an Intel-only T60 for gaming in the first place. :P

Comment

Working...
        X