X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by rudregues View Post
    The situation is bad. Less features than Windows driver (that's why Unigine benchs failed) and less performance.
    C'mon Intel devs, everyone is looking towards Linux. You can do better.
    The situation improved a lot over a year or two. Also, the OpenGL tends to work better than on Windows. No, I'm not looking towards "Linux" and I don't care about Unigine.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    The screenshot in this article reminded me of how awful the Intel control panel looks on Windows these days. Just for fun, here's the evolution of the different panel design:

Intel Extreme Graphics: (older) (newer)
    Intel GMA (including PowerVR): (older) (newer)
    Intel HD Graphics (interestingly enough, they contracted a UI team to achieve this: http://skinsfactory.deviantart.com/a...ew-3-295915432 )
    Intel, uhh, Windows 8?

Sure, the HD Graphics panel didn't have theme integration and thus stood out of place, but neither does the latest panel (it opens in desktop mode, and the desktop does *not* look like Metro, this is especially evident if you use a custom skin or use this on Windows 7). The only panel that did have OS look integration was the Extreme Graphics one.

Leave a comment:

• rudregues
    replied
    The situation is bad. Less features than Windows driver (that's why Unigine benchs failed) and less performance.
    C'mon Intel devs, everyone is looking towards Linux. You can do better.

Leave a comment:

• Intel Iris Graphics 5100: Windows 8.1 vs. Ubuntu 14.04 Linux

Phoronix: Intel Iris Graphics 5100: Windows 8.1 vs. Ubuntu 14.04 Linux

Under the Linux microscope today is the Intel Iris Graphics 5100 (GT3) found on the Core i7 4558U CPU within the ASUS Zenbook UX301LA "Haswell" ultrabook. How do the Intel Iris Graphics performance compare between Windows 8.1 and the soon-to-be-released Ubuntu 14.04? We can tell you the answer today with a fresh round of multi-OS OpenGL benchmarks from this high-end Intel ultrabook.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X