Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Continues Gaining Ground For Linux Graphics

Phoronix: Intel Continues Gaining Ground For Linux Graphics

Following the success of Ivy Bridge and their continued open-source contributions, Intel graphics continue to gain market-share on the Linux desktop...

Tbh I can see myself buying a Intel Haswell ultrabook in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Tbh I can see myself buying a Intel Haswell ultrabook in 2013.
      I suggest you to wait for the 2013 Macbook Air. You'll avoid the MS tax and get better-designed hardware for the same price.

Comment

Buy a Sony Vaio Z if you want a better designed laptop, not some Apple shit (did you know the new macbook pro doesn't even have an ethernet port? who wants that shit?)
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

So there are ~37% using Intel IGP and ~40% using Intel driver. Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            Buy a Sony Vaio Z if you want a better designed laptop, not some Apple shit (did you know the new macbook pro doesn't even have an ethernet port? who wants that shit?)
            To be fair, I don't need ethernet, but I hear installing Linux on Apple products can still be a pain due to all this EFI etc. shit. Also, the current-gen Macbook Airs don't have the best resolution exactly. I find the ASUS Zenbook and Samsung Series 9 ultrabooks to be quite nice, but that's the 2012 Ivy Bridge models still (of course).

Comment

I have Ethernet in my DIY PC Desktop and don't give a shit about it....i used to have a ADSL connection but now i use USB 3.5G connection ....and yeah i play onlne with it !

My Countruy now have also 4G since begin of this year but sadly , i live in a small town so it didn't arrive here yet...

Comment

I'll have to submit some benchmarks from my i855 laptops. Is 0verkill in the benchmark suite?

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                  I suggest you to wait for the 2013 Macbook Air. You'll avoid the MS tax and get better-designed hardware for the same price.
                  I wouldn't want to pay the Apple tax either...............

Comment

This is just people going over and running a benchmark or whatever. Doesn't seem particularly demonstrative of anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X