X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    @AdamW

Did you enable the 965 driver in the libva package?

Leave a comment:

• DoDoENT
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamW View Post
    dodoent: as the closing of your bug as a dupe implies, poor performance with KMS enabled on some ATI chipsets is a known issue. I should really call it out explicitly in common_bugs, actually. It is something that's known and will be worked on, we appreciate it's a bit of a pain in the mean time.
    I've seen now that my bug is reported as duplicated and that poor performance is a known issue. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I just hope that you'll quickly find a way to increase performance, at least to enable normal animations performance in OpenOffice Impress.

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    kano, I maintain a Fedora repository with libva and mplayer-accelerated (vaapi) packages: http://www.happyassassin.net/video-experimental/

m4rgin4l, as others have suggested, that's not typical behaviour: please file a bug, including all the info requested at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_t..._Xorg_problems .

dodoent: as the closing of your bug as a dupe implies, poor performance with KMS enabled on some ATI chipsets is a known issue. I should really call it out explicitly in common_bugs, actually. It is something that's known and will be worked on, we appreciate it's a bit of a pain in the mean time.

Leave a comment:

• uaaquarius
    replied
    Originally posted by m4rgin4l View Post
    I have a notebook with a GM4500HD chipset and KMS is totally broken. The system freezes just starting X or two or three seconds later. Supplying nomodeset fixes the problem, but then I can't access the virtual consoles. Compiz is broken too.
    There is a very similar problem with GMA950. Your problem might be related somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by DoDoENT View Post
    The Intel performance may shine on F12, but ATi performance is terribly bad (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539525).

That's odd. My 200M works beautifully. Must be with specific card families.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    I have a notebook with a GM4500HD chipset and KMS is totally broken. The system freezes just starting X or two or three seconds later. Supplying nomodeset fixes the problem, but then I can't access the virtual consoles. Compiz is broken too.

Nothing new here, we know the first days of a Fedora release are a pain in the ass.
    You have filed a bug report about this, right? If not, now would be a good time, as upstream have removed support for non kernel modesetting.

Leave a comment:

• cruiseoveride
    replied
    I'd like to see a n00b comparison of fc12 and ubuntu9.10 . Its been a while since we had that sort of comparison. Not a benchmark per se (but that wont hurt), but more of general use and usability.

Leave a comment:

• DoDoENT
    replied
    The Intel performance may shine on F12, but ATi performance is terribly bad (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539525).

Leave a comment:

• m4rgin4l
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragoran View Post
    I have a laptop with a GM45 (4500MHD) that works just fine with F12 without any manuall tuning.

KMS, OpenGL, Compiz (no tearing!),OpenGL ontop of compiz, Video playback, Flash all are working fine.

I yet have to find something that is "broken".
    Must be something specific of the configuration of my laptop (That's good news).

Thanks
    Last edited by m4rgin4l; 20 November 2009, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dragoran
    replied

Nothing new here, we know the first days of a Fedora release are a pain in the ass.
    I have a laptop with a GM45 (4500MHD) that works just fine with F12 without any manuall tuning.

KMS, OpenGL, Compiz (no tearing!),OpenGL ontop of compiz, Video playback, Flash all are working fine.

I yet have to find something that is "broken".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X