X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoran
    replied
    Originally posted by m4rgin4l View Post
    I have a notebook with a GM4500HD chipset and KMS is totally broken. The system freezes just starting X or two or three seconds later. Supplying nomodeset fixes the problem, but then I can't access the virtual consoles. Compiz is broken too.

Nothing new here, we know the first days of a Fedora release are a pain in the ass.
    I have a laptop with a GM45 (4500MHD) that works just fine with F12 without any manuall tuning.

KMS, OpenGL, Compiz (no tearing!),OpenGL ontop of compiz, Video playback, Flash all are working fine.

I yet have to find something that is "broken".

Leave a comment:

• m4rgin4l
    replied
    Not so shiny here...

I have a notebook with a GM4500HD chipset and KMS is totally broken. The system freezes just starting X or two or three seconds later. Supplying nomodeset fixes the problem, but then I can't access the virtual consoles. Compiz is broken too.

Nothing new here, we know the first days of a Fedora release are a pain in the ass.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I suspect the difference comes from improvements in the memory management code.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    It is really unclear how h264 should be faster with a newer intel drivers. You can only use xv for it (no vaapi support yet) and that's more or less the same for every driver.

If you encode mpeg2 full hd or fetch a mpeg2 (interlaced) broadcast from somewhere then you should be able to see a difference with a new mplayer-vaapi. Sadly deinterlace is not available with it yet - but OSD works at least. I have got no script for fedora, but with debian or ubuntu with libdrm >= 2.4 this one should work.

http://kanotix.com/files/fix/mplayer-vaapi-latest.txt

pal/ntsc res is no real test for this as mpeg2 is not really demanding for current cpus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X