Intel Lunar Lake "Xe2" Graphics Firmware Upstreamed For Xe Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Lunar Lake "Xe2" Graphics Firmware Upstreamed For Xe Linux Driver

Phoronix: Intel Lunar Lake "Xe2" Graphics Firmware Upstreamed For Xe Linux Driver

Intel is upstreaming the necessary Lunar Lake "LNL" graphics firmware nice and early to linux-firmware.git for their "Xe2" integrated graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm sad they still haven't done anything to remedy the missing ASPM / low power near-idle functional power conservation for ARC on LINUX to the extent it works for MSW, or exposed / documented useful FAN / clock / temperature controls & monitoring for LINUX that has been working for over 1 year in MSW. Or SR-IOV support.

On the one hand they support LINUX by doing stuff like this yet can't apparently be bothered in almost two years to write a page of documentation and / or code to even make basic power / thermal management & monitoring work?

Comment

Originally posted by pong View Post
      I'm sad they still haven't done anything to remedy the missing ASPM / low power near-idle functional power conservation for ARC on LINUX to the extent it works for MSW, or exposed / documented useful FAN / clock / temperature controls & monitoring for LINUX that has been working for over 1 year in MSW. Or SR-IOV support.

On the one hand they support LINUX by doing stuff like this yet can't apparently be bothered in almost two years to write a page of documentation and / or code to even make basic power / thermal management & monitoring work?
      If it makes you feel any better: I recently picked up and returned a Sparkle Intel A310 GPU. The fan would constantly ramp up and drop off at about a 2 second interval immediately upon booting regardless of whether the system was sitting in the BIOS or fully booted. I thought it was related to a lack of Linux tuning support, but after asking online, apparently this is the case with Windows too for a ton of Intel cards.

So sounds like the power management just sucks in general.

Comment

Working...
      X